6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 Post subject: Re: POC VERSION TWO
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:41 am 

BDD, sorry to hear that, I liked watching your progress with this project.

In a perfect world, we would be able to go on with tinkering until falling dead from the chair.
In reality, one sooner or later has to give up hardware\software tinkering because of health issues, real life problems, or a mix thereof.
Wish you the best for trying to improve your vision, and don't worry too much about being a curmudgeon.

Hey, even _if_ "your ship did sink", as long as you are breathing and alive the "battle" still goes on, just in a different way.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:08 pm 

Sorry to hear this too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:09 am 

Yes this is definitely very sad to hear. :( I've followed the progress on POC v2 for a while now, and not only have I learned a great deal from your designs they have also motivated me to improve my own.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:40 am 

jmthompson wrote:
Yes this is definitely very sad to hear. :( I've followed the progress on POC v2 for a while now, and not only have I learned a great deal from your designs they have also motivated me to improve my own.

Thanks!

I'm still undergoing treatment to attempt to restore vision in my left eye—the problem is advanced macular edema. The ophthalmologists who I have been seeing are going to make a decision in early March as to whether we should continue down that path or give up. It's likely that if treatment is stopped I will become totally blind in the left eye. My right eye has some of the same symptoms as well, although not as severe. If the right eye progresses as has happened in my left eye I will lose all ability to see, although I will be aware of light and dark.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37