6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:15 am 
Site Admin

ttlworks wrote:
BTW: maybe it's a bit too early now, but when is the exact time and date to celebrate the 20 years anniversary of 6502.org ? :)

According to the WHOIS record, I first registered the domain in April 1999. However, I think we should celebrate the 20th anniversary in October 2019. Although the site was online a short time before then, I announced it on several 6502-related newsgroups such as comp.sys.cbm on October 7, 1999. When I made the announcement, it was underway and had the familiar sections we know today like Homebuilt Projects and the Datasheets.

Like all of you, I'm still interested in the 6502 after all these years. Most of my work on the site in the last few years has been in the Documents Archive. I continue to scan datasheets as always but now I also scan newsletters and magazines with 6502 content. You can follow the additions on the News page. I'm still working on 6502-related projects as well. Most recently, I found a 6502 hidden in a car radio. It uses a Mitsubishi 740 series microcontroller (M38869FFAHP), whose instruction set is a 6502 superset. I wrote a disassembler for it and spent some time reverse engineering the radio's firmware. The Mitsubishi parts have some interesting features and have been mentioned here before.

Thank you to everyone who continues to use the 6502.org website and participate in the forum. Often when I look for some piece of information, I find on it 6502.org somewhere. That is exactly why I created the site but it only works because of your contributions. I also need to specifically thank Garth Wilson and Ed Spittles, who have both been working with me behind the scenes for years to moderate the forum (fighting spammers) and keep the site's content updated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:40 am 

Mike Naberezny wrote:
Most recently, I found a 6502 hidden in a car radio.

Yep! The 6502 and its brethren turn up in some truly odd places. My previous microwave oven had a 6502-based controller in it. I was hoping I'd get a pacemaker with a 6502, but no luck. Should I demand a refund and a new pacemaker powered by a 65C02? :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
Should I demand a refund and a new pacemaker powered by a 65C02? :D

We'll all support you no matter what you choose. Give your new instruction set a chance, but if you experience discomfort, ask a doctor if the 65C02 is right for you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:51 pm 

Mike Naberezny wrote:
BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
Should I demand a refund and a new pacemaker powered by a 65C02? :D

We'll all support you no matter what you choose. Give your new instruction set a chance, but if you experience discomfort, ask a doctor if the 65C02 is right for you.

We'll see how well I shift and rotate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:36 am 

I was blessed with the opportunity to meet face-to-face with Daryl Rictor and Mike Naberezny today and share a few stories over lunch, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Thanks Mike and Daryl, and I apologize for probably talking with my mouth full!

Mike B. (about me) (learning how to github)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:19 pm 

barrym95838 wrote:
I was blessed with the opportunity to meet face-to-face with Daryl Rictor and Mike Naberezny today and share a few stories over lunch, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Thanks Mike and Daryl, and I apologize for probably talking with my mouth full!

Yes, it was fun to get out and chat. It's amazing just how much fun the 6502 can be, and to hear stories of everyone's personal journey through the evolution of the 8 bit computers.

Thanks Mike & Mike!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:45 pm 

(Oh, and thanks Mike for updating the site footer! A nice touch.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

barrym95838 wrote:
I was blessed with the opportunity to meet face-to-face with Daryl Rictor and Mike Naberezny today and share a few stories over lunch, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Thanks Mike and Daryl for meeting up with me in Sacramento! It was nice to meet in person and I had a great time chatting with you.

BigEd wrote:
(Oh, and thanks Mike for updating the site footer! A nice touch.)

For those who have not heard, the source code for the 6502.org website is now on GitHub. Ed, Garth, and a couple other users have already submitted updates to the site via GitHub. Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:31 pm 

Mike Naberezny wrote:
According to the WHOIS record, I first registered the domain in April 1999. However, I think we should celebrate the 20th anniversary in October 2019. Although the site was online a short time before then, I announced it on several 6502-related newsgroups such as comp.sys.cbm on October 7, 1999.

Mike, are you sure it's not a little older than that?

I found the following on comp.sys.cbm.

Attachments:
6502-1.png
6502-1.png [ 31.03 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]
6502-2.png
6502-2.png [ 33.11 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:40 pm 

Mike Naberezny wrote:
barrym95838 wrote:
I was blessed with the opportunity to meet face-to-face with Daryl Rictor and Mike Naberezny today and share a few stories over lunch, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Thanks Mike and Daryl for meeting up with me in Sacramento! It was nice to meet in person and I had a great time chatting with you.

I didn't realize there were this many of us in the area.