Why do you erase all you ITEMS? :?:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:57 pm 

http://retro.hansotten.nl/why-i-left-6502-org/

Mike B.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 am 

barrym95838 wrote:
http://retro.hansotten.nl/why-i-left-6502-org/

Mike B.

This is the first I hear about this. I understand how "disappointed" he is about how he's being treated and I'm very sorry to see him go. His website has tons of good information and I browse to it, and refer people to it, on a regular basis. I will keep doing so.

That being said, I have to seriously disapprove of him wiping a lot of his recent posts. In my opinion this was an act of vandalism.

===Jac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:59 am 

Softboy1 wrote:
Hallo :lol: Hans.O

Why do you erase all you ITEMS? :?:

Hans describes why right here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:02 am 

jac_goudsmit wrote:
That being said, I have to seriously disapprove of him wiping a lot of his recent posts. In my opinion this was an act of vandalism.

According to his page on why he left, Hans was "asked" to delete material.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:16 am 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
jac_goudsmit wrote:

I can imagine that Hans was probably asked to delete material that was insulting or otherwise negative towards the person(s) he was having a disagreement with (I'm not going to write details here, see his page). I know that Hans is a very well-respected member of the community (including me) and I'm sure that no-one wanted him to destroy this thread and some other recent threads he started.

As I said, I'll miss Hans here, but my opinion about his action stands. Just to be clear: I'm not calling for any punishment or other action (he has control over his postings, as far as I care), I just wanted to express my disappointment about how he handled this.

===Jac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 am 

Well, I didn't really want to bring this out into the open, but it's there now anyway, so I'll make a few comments which I hope prevent a harmful rumor mill. I'm not emotionally involved, and I hope no one else will get so either.

Quote:

Mike, the forum owner (not me), only asked the two to work out their disagreement offline, by PMs or email rather than in public. That doesn't mean deleting posts (which we can easily do, if necessary). He wasn't taking sides, nor did he have anything personal against either one, and he hoped they would both stay on indefinitely, but said that several members had emailed him about what was going on and asked that it be stopped.

About Hans' statement, "because the owner (Mike Naberezny) allowed a commercial advertisement, completely 6502 off-topic, for the OberonStation":
I always took it to be, as the OP said, an FPGA board for trying 16- and 32-bit variants of Arlet's 6502 core—not really off-topic. There's nothing wrong with saying on the forum, "I have this gizmo you can buy to make your 65xx adventures more productive, more fun, whatever..." and in fact I've done that with my memory module intended for use with the 65816. I can't even say I've made any net profit on it. So is it a commercial venture? Making money wasn't my goal, although I hoped it would at least pay off the initial investment, and it has (although now I've bought another largish quantity of SRAMs and orders have tapered off). I don't know if it's much different in the OberonStation case.

Then Hans was on a business trip and apparently stayed in a hotel where someone had previously posted spam from so we had banned the IP address, and when he got the "Banned" message, he thought one of us had banned him. Since he's not familiar with how we handle spam, it's understandable that he would think that. I apologized and I tried to make clear that we never banned him and we hoped he would stay on; but I suppose it was when he got back home (or at least out of that hotel), he started deleting posts.

I'd still be glad if he came back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:17 am 

Re hotels - all members, please don't log in to any forum from a hotel, unless the forum in question has an https interface (this one doesn't). Anyone (other guests) can monitor your login sequence. Don't even use a PC where you have already logged in - the cookie is also in the open.
If you're on a hotel network (or other widely used public network), please use a VPN to e.g. your own home server before you access anything which require plain login. If you can't, stick to browsing the news or something which doesn't require login. You can bet there's someone in some guest room logging everything on that network, just because they can.

-Tor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:37 pm 

For anyone wanting to build the Junior KIM, A7 to the 6532 should be inverted.
proper I/O decoding can be done by tying the 6532's A4 to 1 and
shifting the other address pins up ( buss A4 to 6532's A5 and such ).
You do loose the ability to do 128 bytes.
Dwight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 pm 

Hey, Dwight.

May I ask what you're trying to describe, please? What is a "Junior KIM"?

Cheerful regards, Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:19 pm 

Seventh post in this thread.
Dwight