6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:05 pm 

> Have you contacted Mike? He announced a while back that WDC has
> made him a distributor...so he might be able to get the quantities you
> need at a very good price!

Mike is doing it as a favor to those who can't meet WDC's $100 minimum order, and hardly making any money at it-- just trying to compensate for the website expenses. I'm sure he'd have to put a much higher markup on the prices if he had to make it a commercial venture and stock thousands of parts.

Although WDC will be glad to sell the parts, their primary business is licensing 65-family intellectual property, not selling parts. I hope they have the stock you're looking for. If you're going into production however and will be needing such quantities regularly, they can of course get them made. I don't know what the turnaround time is though.

Garth

Last edited by GARTHWILSON on Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:31 am 
Site Admin

Kenny wrote:
I'm urgently looking for 1000 pieces of 65c02 and 65c22. I've tried emailing WD but no response from 'em yet. Who (or where) else can I find such large quantities of these ICs, or, alternatively, does someone have an email address for WD?

Kenny,

I am supplying mostly small quantities for hobbyists and smaller businesses. While I could handle this order for you, I do not have the chips in stock so it may be more efficient for you to contact WDC directly. You can e-mail their distribution manager, linked off of their home page, or call them at the phone number that is also on their page.

Thanks,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:39 am 

Thanks to everyone who responded! We're waiting for some samples now. Unfortunately, they're more expensive than I'd like 'em to be (compared to our old CMD source), but, c'est la vie.

Of course, now I'm stuck looking for some (does 1000 count as 'some) 65C51? I don't suppose anyone here knows of a source?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:35 am 

> Unfortunately, they're more expensive than I'd like 'em to be
> (compared to our old CMD source), but, c'est la vie.

I expect that's because selling parts is not WDC's primary business, but rather licensing IP. If selling parts were their only business, we might be left with no sources at all by now. As it is though, the 65c02 is alive and well and isn't going away anytime in the forseeable future.

> Of course, now I'm stuck looking for some (does 1000 count as 'some)
> 65C51? I don't suppose anyone here knows of a source?

That one will be harder to get (in that kind of quantity anyway), and to my knowledge, there were never any made that could come anywhere near the maximum speed of the newer 65c02's. (I believe CMD's maximum rated speed for the 65c51 was 6MHz.) But for the quantities you'll be needing, it would probably be worth your effort to either redesign your board to handle a different UART, or come up with a 65c51 in programmable logic.

Or if you go that far, how about a multiple SPI/Microwire/I2C interface IC to put directly on the 6502 bus, and give it a 65xx model number, and then post the VHDL code and even sell programmed parts? With just one of these, you could hang as many UARTs as you want on there like the 16-pin Maxim 3100 without any further loading of the 6502's bus.

Garth

Post subject: 65SC51
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:30 am 
Site Admin

Kenny wrote:
Of course, now I'm stuck looking for some (does 1000 count as 'some) 65C51? I don't suppose anyone here knows of a source?

As Garth mentioned, this is going to be difficult. You might want to talk to one of the reps for CMD about it, I'm not aware of anyone with that kind of quantity. You might consider migrating your design to something more common like the 16C550.

Regards,
Mike

Post subject: 65C51
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:25 pm 

I haven't dealt with them but they claim to have some.

http://www.hobid.com/voffer/EAP/2.html

Also, there are plenty of brokers of older (and newer chips)
that have world-wide searches. One thousand really isn't
a lot if you are willing to ask an international broker.

Cheers,

Paul

Post subject: greetings !
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:41 am 

Hello !

I'm desperatly looking for a whole set of 6502/6522/6551, but it would be easier to kick the president's ass than to find some here in france...

I tried hobid, and other online solutions, but $500 min order is definitely too much for me, just need a couple of sets

if anyone has some clue, it would be great...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:05 pm 

I'm interested in trying to build myself a few 6502 and 65816 based computers, but can't seem to find anwhere to just get a few chips. All I really want is maybe 2 W65C816S, 2 W65C02S, and 6-8 W65C22, maybe even less initially. Does anyone know of a supplier for these parts in small quantities?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:54 pm 

Mike Naberezny here on this website stocks and sells them now. Just contact him. There's no minimum order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:34 pm 

Hey, Mike. :)

I've left a couple of messages at orders@6502.org and your email address, but I haven't yet gotten a reply. I'm wanting to order a few 65c816s processors and VIAs from you. Please send me an email to let me know if you have some available and how much they'll be.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:15 pm 

...and do You accept orders from Sweden?

Post subject: bulk order
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 am 

Is there going to be a bulk order in the next 2 weeks?

aikatt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:44 am 

Note the date. The topic just stays at the top because it marked "sticky." It was also back when WDC had a $100 minimum order. They no longer do, and anyone can order from them. They also have distributors now that let you buy small quantities. I wouldn't doubt if Mike (the website owner here) still has some parts he wouldn't mind selling. Check with him if you want to get some. There doesn't seem to be much need anymore for pooling resources to form bulk orders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:56 am 

Yes, i noted the date. Thing is, i have been unable to order from WDC.
Are the prices at APATCO decent for 65C02 and 65C22? Also, APATCO doesn't have plcc versions.

aikatt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 am 

Are you out of the country, or what difficulty have you had? I have not ordered recently, but when I did, I called with credit card in hand, and the parts were at my door a couple of days later. Remember though that they're not a retail store, so if we want them to keep allowing small orders, we need to not take a lot of their time. It's best to figure out what you want, then call them and say "I need four of this and eight of that and my credit-card number is..." I seem to remember they were not very responsive to Email.

Again though, see if Mike Naberezny still has any stock to sell.