6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 pm 

Ok. Definately not abandonware. The current page for Michal's simulator is http://exifpro.com/utils.html

Lee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:20 pm 

I found a SBC 65C02P2 $30 just bought it... Main board from a arcade game..16k ram, 16k rom, 2 via, 6 x 8 bit latched outputs 2 relays and 10 unpopulated & un-socketed places for what appears to be more latches or buss drivers routed to dip & sip headers, Plus 2 serial port drivers but no ACIA .. Looks like it will bee a good project board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:31 pm 

leeeeee wrote:
Ok. Definately not abandonware. The current page for Michal's simulator is http://exifpro.com/utils.html

Lee.

Ohhhh. That's some nice sharing Lee. I've been using V 1.2.5 from 2004. Still checking it out. Had to post my thanks first, as I am an avid user of MK's assembler/disassembler as well. I thought it was dead, but started to suspect otherwise from your earlier post as I've not seen that info reference here in the forums before.
This new version has a help file in addition to the doc's... :)
I've actually become more interested the abilities of the disassembler part of MK's work, when one opens a .bin/binary file in order to analyze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:45 am 

leeeeee wrote:
I've found a current email address for Michal and have asked him for permission, I'm just waiting on a reply.

Quote:
can we get a project to udpate it for other things like 816 or 32 or org32?

As it's written in Microsoft Visual C a lot of it is pretty impenetrable. I've asked about this before and the consensus seemed to be it would be easier to write a new program than port this one to C++.

Lee.

Complicating matters, the source code comments are in Polish. Urk!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 am 

falcon5252 wrote:
Tony ... I'm just going by what Lee Recommended.. And I just downloaded it 15 min ago so I have no Idea what it is capable of.. Besides I don't see allot of alternatives that will run in windows.. So are there any windows based Compilers...

There are a number of Windows-based compilers that will emit 65xx code. However, what you are looking for is an assembler. There are a few of those as well.

Quote:
Wheres a good place to buy a 4mhz or faster 65802 & 65C02P4 at a decent price that takes Paypal.. I know its not ebay 65C02P4 listed at $79

The 65C802 was never produced in any quantities and, as far as I know, none have been available since the mid-1990s. Perhaps someone may know where one or two are lying about. I don't recommend building around it. If you want 16 bit functionality you should consider the 65C815.

The 65C02 can be purchased directly from WDC or from other sources. The stock part is rated at 14 MHz, but can be run as slowly as you desire.

Quote:
Do the 65802's default to 8 bit mode or do they need a command in the Prom reset vector to set the Mode..

Both the 65C816 and 65C802 start up in 65C02 emulation mode when reset. However, neither is 100 percent 65C02 compatible when running in emulation mode. Your choice, if you wish to plug a CMOS 65xx MPU into any 6502 socket, is to use the 65C02. However, there is a one-pin incompatibility. involving pin 1. That signal, VPB, doesn't exist in an NMOS 6502. It is necessary to bend that pin so it doesn't go into the socket or modify the PCB to isolate that connection. Otherwise, you will likely damage the 65C02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:13 am 

Quote:
If you want 16-bit functionality you should consider the 65C815

er...16 (not 15).

You can easily make the same board take either a 65c02 or an '816, using a few jumpers to make the choice. It is not necessary to latch, decode, or use the 816's high address byte to take advantage of many of the 816's strengths over the '02. You can totally ignore that bank byte if you're not interested in anything outside the first 64K bank. That's pretty much what the '802 does. I have one in a socket intended for the 65c02. I have one spare, but it's not for sale! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 am 

ElEctric_EyE wrote:
This new version has a help file in addition to the doc's... :)

The help file appears to be in Polish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:19 am 

GARTHWILSON wrote:
Quote:
If you want 16-bit functionality you should consider the 65C815

er...16 (not 15).

Damned keyboard! It didn't type what I was thinking. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:26 am 

As long as we're talking about the Kowalski simulator, you should know that there is functionality in it that is undocumented. I will give you a little teaser and then explain more at another time. Here is a code excerpt from the SCSI driver I am writing for my POC unit:
Code:
;   53C94 interrupt status register masks...
;
c94irsel =@00000001            ;selected
c94irsla =c94irsel << 1        ;selected w/ATN
c94irrsl =c94irsla << 1        ;reselected
c94irso  =c94irrsl << 1        ;successful operation
c94irsr  =c94irso  << 1        ;service request
c94irdis =c94irsr  << 1        ;disconnected
c94ircmd =c94irdis << 1        ;invalid command
c94irrst =c94ircmd << 1        ;bus reset

Paste the above into a new code window in the simulator, assemble and use [Alt-6] to display the symbol table and look at the values generated for the above symbols.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:05 am 

I just want to convert Lee's Disassembly with the Serial port mod back to a bin file so I can load it to a Am29F010 Flash Mem.. Provided my TOP prom programmer decides to co-operate.. So what is the procedure and what windows based program or programs do I need to accomplish it.. Sorry but I'm not up to speed yet on the 6502 .. What little I did was many years ago with the Motorola 6802 and 6809... like in the early 1980's

Last edited by falcon5252 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:03 am 

falcon5252 wrote:
I just want to covert Lee's Disassembly with the Serial port mod back to a bin file so I can load it to a Am29F010 Flash Mem.. Provided my TOP prom programmer decides to co-operate.. So what is the procedure and what windows based program or programs do I need to accomplish it.. Sorry but I'm not up to speed yet on the 6502 .. What little I did was many years ago with the Motorola 6802 and 6809... like in the early 1980's
  1. Load the disassembled source code into the Kowalski simulator.
  2. Press [F7] to assemble.
  3. Press [Ctrl-K] to save object code.
  4. When the save code window opens, select "binary image", click the Options button to set the memory range, provide a filename and save.
The resulting file is pure binary and can be loaded into the buffer of most EPROM burner programs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:21 pm 

Falcon, can you send a picture of the arcade board? I work in arcade games and can help you identify it, if you wish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:55 pm 

Tony ... Just emailed you a photo of the board,, It was listed as a Star Arcade 6502 CPU Board.. I saw the Rockwell symbol, And could only read the Rxxx2P2, Going by the Rockwell datasheets figured it had to be a 2mhz 65C02P2...

B.D.D .... Thanks for the procedure to get a BIN file.. This is all new, And figuring out what programs to use, Is a bit daunting being they span 30 years, and various operating systems, and some are computer specific, Atari, Comodore, Apple and so on..... Plus minor differences in ASM format from one program to another...AAAH!!

Lee ... Been browsing the disassembly , Need to ask a few questions
1 - Are the I/O addresses set as global declaration for the start address location meaning they can be changed by changing one 16 bit word in the code for the start address for each I/O device...

2 - Can the program memory also be moved by setting a new global base address, For program RAM size & Location . leaving page 0 & 1 just for CPU housekeeping .. I take it both the base address and the memory test routine would both have to be altered... Or is it allot more complicated than I'm thinking.. My goals are, One port it to the new board I just bought .. And better decode the I/O to to free space for more memory and or additional I/O.. It would to be nice to decode all I/O addressing and move all I/O to a 2k block from $0900 to $0FFF

3 - EhBasic .. Does a program written in EhBasic when run create compiled code in memory or is it interpreter based program..

4 - Is there a 6502 Basic that can be compiled or am I out of luck on that...

Last edited by falcon5252 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:19 pm 

Falcon: thanks. I cant get it until I get home. You can always link it up on here, of course. I can still read on here :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 pm 

Quote:
Did you see any evidence of Acel & Decel ramps in the stepper control code or was it just advertising hyp

Ah, found it, I've not worked out the details but it looks like long movements do things with the timer values.

Also all movemets start and end together, the shorter moves being run more slowly.

Lee.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next