6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:27 pm 

I've had another look at the star vending code and it's looks like it's compiled from some high level language.

If you can work out the connections for the 24C02 I can probably work out the code that accesses it.

Lee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:17 pm 

Found the I2C code. Archive updated.

Lee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:39 pm 

Some assumptions: there are 2 65C22 VIAs, so there are VIA blocks. Some init code may set up those two?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:25 am 

Tony .. To my disappointment .. They are PIA's not VIA's HD468B21P..
Lee has them listed in the dis-assembly as VIA's which needs to be corrected..

Anyway to make the board compatible with the Microbot code I either have to build a daughter board with a VIA, Or cut 8 traces on the board and jumper it to install a VIA... I will probably go the daughter board route sense I also need to add two ACIA's to the board, And I will probably upgrade them all with Western Design 14mhz chips.. Including the CPU if the robot stepper timing loops can be modified for higher clock speed, Baud rates can be fixed by other means..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:15 pm 

1. The setup locations may be fairly similar. Don't forget that Bill Mensch also helped design the 6800 so I would bet that the 6522 shares some family traits with the 68xx port series.

2. Once the schematic is figured out, I do think it may be feasible to modify your board to accept 65C22s instead...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:34 pm 

Updated. Changed VIA to PIA, resolved more addresses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:46 pm 

6821 PIA only has two register addresses lines instead of 4 on the 6522 or 6822 and has 2 IRQ outputs instead of one .. And a couple pins are are in different positions.. It would require cutting 8 traces to the socket and jumping them to the right signals.. There are no functional problems with Motorola 6822 or 6821 working on the 65C02 buss... But as far as I can tell MOS never made a 6521.. Probably because the 6522 can do everything the 6821 can do and a whole lot more..

Lee.. Just didn't want you trying to chase down non existing register addresses.. Did you find out what happened to your website..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:57 pm 

Only four pins need changing.

Pins 38 and 37 need connecting to address lines which, unless you also rewire pins 36 and 35, will lead to slightly unusual addressing.

Pin 22 needs changing to R/W and any address conflicts caused by not using CS1 need sorting.

Lastly pin 21 needs connecting to a 6502 interrupt input if it is to be used.

It almost makes me wish I had a board with a 6821 on just to try it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:11 pm 

To make it match the Microbot board require 8 traces be changed, Which is my goal with this thing.. How much room is there for ram at the bottom before you hit I/O addressing.. Or haven't you got that far with the code yet..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:11 pm 

am offering you hosting room if you need to, Lee. Actually, throw it to me in an email for the dissembly, I will put it up tonight.

Falcon: that is on the to do listing, modifying the board to use the 65C22 :D so methinks you will find some seriously happy usages there... also, you want to start a new post for the Vending board and migrate the sources over?

Eventually, let us hopefully get boards dissembled. I have a skeetoss 6502 board and a novelty arcade game called Fire Escape that I can put up the roms and schematics for...
\

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:50 am 

Hi How's everyone doing??

I.ve been buying the parts to proceed on this .. I ordered a western design 816S and 6522 to work with, I'm going to put the 816S & 6522 on the vending board and move the 65c02 from the vending board to replace the NMOS chip in the Microbot board..

I installed 6 Pololu stepper controller modules in the robot ... With a 40 pin ribon cable that can be connected to either CNC parallel port board that would be controlled by EMC running on Linux.. http://www.linuxcnc.org/

Or a as yet not designed interface board for the original Microbot board..

The decision to be made is to either rewrite the Microbot's code to generate step and direction signals by mapping some 74HC573 latches into the Microbot's address space, And using one of the inputs to toggle the code between using the original outputs or send step and direction to the new added latches.. Or use a 40 pin Picaxe MCU to decode the original output signals and convert them to step and direction signals.. I would use a PAL but that require a whole new learning curve on my part

Sorry its been a while but the project is not dead,, I've just been way busy setting up a CNC Router and Machine shop in my basement.. I picked up a Lathe and Milling machine.. I got really tired of paying ridiculous prices for parts I can make for 1/10 the cost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:31 am 

Hi,

I have a teachmover but the Eprom chip has been damaged by a voltage spike on the input. Does anyone still have the Eprom code so that I can program a new chip or can I purchase a replacement Eprom somewhere.

Thanks

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:35 pm 

Thanks for all the help from the forum. I have now got a fully functioning Teachmover robot. Now all I need to do is adjust the cables to reduce the backlash.

Thanks again

TOm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:44 pm 

tommurphy73 wrote:
Does anyone still have the Eprom code
With the sad news that Lee Davison quietly passed away last year, I am reminded to post his disassembly of the TeachMover code so his work on this project can remain available to others in future.

Jeff

Attachments:
TeachMover2.zip [227.71 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10