6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 65C02 system available
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:40 am 

So, no idea if this is a proper post or not. In short, I built up a few board sets back in 2013: One with the CPU, ROM/RAM, I/O decode, etc. and a second board with some I/O... they attach via a 30-pin ribbon cable.

I used one (pictured) for initial development and two for longer term testing as I developed code which resulted in my initial BIOS and C02Monitor code. Every chip is socketed and all parts are high quality. Since I designed a new single board using a NXP UART, these earlier board sets have been laying dormant for over a year.

It seems a waste to have them sitting, so I'm thinking of putting two of them up for sale (at a good discount). No idea if this is proper for the forum but to be honest, I've no idea where else I would even think about listing them.... if this doesn't fly for the forum, then I would ask one of moderators to delete the post.

In any case, HW config is:

CPU card:
W65C02 CPU running at 4MHz
32KB static RAM
32KB Atmel EEPROM
74HCxx logic chips for I/O decode, Read/Write qualificaions
DS-1813 Reset chip

I/O card:
W65C22S VIA
Rockwell R65C51P4 ACIA
Maxim Max238 level shifter
DB-25 Parallel port and DB-9 RS-232 port
Parallel port compatible with Daryl's SBC2.5 port config

Full BIOS and Monitor code supplied as well as schematics and PCB layouts.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

Attachment:
65C02-2PCB.jpg
65C02-2PCB.jpg [ 110.64 KiB | Viewed 1177 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:45 am 

That's a nice idea - I hope someone takes you up on it. Where are you, and where would you ship to?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:55 pm 

Thanks Ed,

Located in South Florida. Will ship wherever anyone wants, as shipping will be added to the cost. I also have the two boards attached/stacked via some nice alloy hex spacers. I'll also include one of the new WDC W65C51 chips (with the xmit bug) in case anyone wants one (I have about 6 of these).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:48 pm 

I think that's a good idea. I think we're a close enough knit of people that we can moderate ourselves. In fact, a sub-forum of OT and/or Market Place would be a good idea...IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:01 pm 

I think I'd follow the usual line: use General, use a prefix, and only if there are enough prefixed posts do we know there's a need for another forum. For Sale, Wanted, Free To A Good Home would be the prefixes I'd expect.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:52 pm 

Just wanted to say that if anyone is looking for a good small 65C02 system, this is a pretty good deal. Build quality is rock-solid and it's a nice compact little beast.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:29 am 

Thanks for the kudos and kind words. I have one more left.... $75. Will include basic USPS shipping in the 48 US states.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:42 am 

For the record, for anyone who has one of these and wants to run something other than EhBasic on it, I've put together a platform file for Tali Forth 2, modified from one of the example files provided with the base distribution. Do note that it works fine with the default makefile, but the binary it produces has the Tali Forth core at (file offset) $0000-5FFF and the hardware-specific routines (such as they are) at $7700-7746, with a whole lotta nothin' in between. These need to be loaded separately into EEPROM regions $8000-DFFF and $F700-F746, respectively; if you try to burn it all in one go you'll wipe the monitor entirely.

Provided you do it right, it works like a charm, though you'll need to make sure your terminal or terminal emulator is set to produce an implicit CR with every LF, and you have to boot it with G 8000 rather than the monitor's Ctrl-B shortcut for EhBasic. I've attached the platform file as well as a ZIP with separated ROM chunks; it's my understanding from the documentation that Tali Forth is public domain, but scotws can feel free to correct me if necessary.

Now I just need to work out a good scheme for ROMifying Forth words natively...

Attachments:
floobydust.zip [14.65 KiB]
Downloaded 57 times
platform-floobydust.asm [8.54 KiB]
Downloaded 60 times
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:29 am 

Very cool.... I'll have to take a look-see on this one. Granted I don't do anything with Forth, but having another language to run is always a plus. As far as burning it into the EEPROM, if you can load it into RAM, you can use the Monitor's Ctrl-P command to write a section of RAM into the EEPROM, so long as you don't overwrite the Monitor/BIOS routines.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:41 am 

Yup, the burning routine in the monitor worked like a charm (once I remembered to change the write-protect jumper!) - the only gotcha is that you need to do it in two separate chunks in order to avoid overwriting the monitor itself.