6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: POC VERSION TWO
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:45 pm 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
Note the trusty screwdriver next to the one logic probe. :D
Noticed :) as well as the (always handy) DB-25-LED-Indicator - something I want to build in a DB-9 variant for years, but so far I still haven't :( . And I noticed your majestic sized workplace - again something that looks very familiar :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:58 am 

GaBuZoMeu wrote:
as well as the (always handy) DB-25-LED-Indicator - something I want to build in a DB-9 variant for years, but so far I still haven't :(

Here's one available off the shelf: http://www.bb-elec.com/Products/Serial- ... ester.aspx

It seems awfully expensive to me at $59 but maybe you can find a cheaper one. You can build one for less, but you have to consider the value of your time as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:37 am 

GARTHWILSON wrote:
GaBuZoMeu wrote:
as well as the (always handy) DB-25-LED-Indicator - something I want to build in a DB-9 variant for years, but so far I still haven't :(

Here's one available off the shelf: http://www.bb-elec.com/Products/Serial- ... ester.aspx
It seems awfully expensive to me at $59 but maybe you can find a cheaper one. You can build one for less, but you have to consider the value of your time as well.

The one I have is a Radio Shack item I purchased in the 1980s back when they cost about 10 USD.

As far as building one goes, I wouldn't bother, as they aren't that expensive. My time is more valuable to me these days than reasonable amounts of money, if you get my drift. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:52 pm 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
My time is more valuable to me these days than reasonable amounts of money, if you get my drift. :lol:
Exactly - and >30y of usage plus all kind of 9<=>25 adapters, gender changers etc. will cause reasonable to be much less than 59 bucks :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:02 pm 

Nowadays, all my boards have a 3 pin Molex connector with GND/RX/TX on 3.3V levels.

Last edited by Arlet on Thu May 11, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:14 pm 

Arlet wrote:
Nowadays, all my boards have a 3 pin Molex connector with GND/RX/TX on 3.3V levels. This connects to a matching cable with USB converter. Saves me from having to put a bunch of components on the board, including bulky DB9 connector.

I use 8P8C jacks, witch are pretty compact and allow me to bring out all of the important signals. At the terminal/printer/thin client/modem end I use modular adapters. Intervening cable can be terminated to the T568B scheme, which means standard CAT-5 patch cords can be used to connect serial devices.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:17 am 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
As I earlier posted, I slept on the PCB design for revsion 1 and decided I could do a better job of compacting the layout...I may make some further changes to the board layout, but I think this is substantially like what it will be when it is built.

I made some minor detail changes to some trace routing and have called it a done deal. The files for the below layout will be sent to the board house tomorrow.

Attachment:
File comment: POC V2.1 "Production" PCB Layout
poc_v2.1_pcb.gif
poc_v2.1_pcb.gif [ 103.9 KiB | Viewed 1647 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:39 pm 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
GARTHWILSON wrote:
GaBuZoMeu wrote:

The one I have is a Radio Shack item I purchased in the 1980s back when they cost about 10 USD.

As far as building one goes, I wouldn't bother, as they aren't that expensive. My time is more valuable to me these days than reasonable amounts of money, if you get my drift. :lol:

in the 90's radio shack upped the price of theirs to unreasonable. I bought two db25's and a plastic shell and a pack of led's and resistors and used paperclips for solid wire between and made my own one evening.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:20 pm 

EugeneNine wrote:
in the 90's radio shack upped the price of theirs to unreasonable. I bought two db25's and a plastic shell and a pack of led's and resistors and used paperclips for solid wire between and made my own one evening.

I guess it all depends on what one defines to be a "reasonable" price. This Jameco product is about as inexpensive as TIA-232 testers get. On the other hand, if cost is not a consideration, you could purchase this gadget. :D Of course, as in all things that involve an exchange of money, you only get what you pay for.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:03 pm 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
EugeneNine wrote:

I guess it all depends on what one defines to be a "reasonable" price. This Jameco product is about as inexpensive as TIA-232 testers get. On the other hand, if cost is not a consideration, you could purchase this gadget. :D Of course, as in all things that involve an exchange of money, you only get what you pay for.

I made mine back in the 90's because I was a po college kid.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:03 am 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
As I earlier posted, I slept on the PCB design for revsion 1 and decided I could do a better job of compacting the layout...I may make some further changes to the board layout, but I think this is substantially like what it will be when it is built.

I made some minor detail changes to some trace routing and have called it a done deal. The files for the below layout will be sent to the board house tomorrow.

While waiting for the new PCBs for POC V2.1 to arrive, I decided to put some cogitation time into the firmware for this contraption, especially the TIA-232 driver. POC V2.1 will use two NXP 28L92 DUARTs to act as a virtual QUART (vQUART), which creates an interesting programming challenge. The DUARTs are $0100 apart in the I/O map, which means the chip registers that are routinely accessed by the driver are not contiguous as they are in the real QUART, in which all four channel register sets are uniformly spaced at $08 intervals in the device's address space. This means the driver's approach to accessing the vQUART has to be different than accessing a real QUART.

Since POC V1.1 also has a 28L92 and is working hardware, I decided to use it as the guinea pig for testing my new-and-improved driver. The first step was to figure how to arrange for vQUART register access using a simple, zero-based channel index—channel A's index would be 0, channel B's would be 1, and so forth. It was soon patent that a direct page pointer table would work well in this application, the table arranged so some basic indexing could select the correct register in the correct DUART, as well as the location in RAM (the "circular FIFOs," aka "CFIFOs") into which incoming data would be stored and from which outgoing data would be retrieved.¹

A little thought suggested that the pointer table be organized into a "register table" for accessing the vQUART and a "CFIFO table" for accessing the CFIFOs. Here's what the register table looks like as implemented in POC V1.1's firmware:

Code:
02315      000E             tiasr    =tdsecct+s_tdcnt      ;UART channel status
02316      0012             tiacr    =tiasr+s_nxpchp       ;UART channel command
02317      0016             tiafif   =tiacr+s_nxpchp       ;UART channel FIFO
02318      001A             tiaisr   =tiafif+s_nxpchp      ;UART IRQ status

As there are two channels in POC V1.1's DUART, there are two sets of pointers associated with each of the above locations—the symbol S_NXPCHP indirectly defines the number of channels. In POC V2.1, the vQUART will require that there be four sets of pointers associated with each of the above locations.

During POST, these pointers are loaded from a static data table that contains a list of DUART register absolute addresses. For example, location TIASR points at $D001, which is the status register for channel A of the DUART. Location TIASR+2 points at $D009, which is the status register for channel B of the DUART. In the same vein, TIAFIF points at $D003, which is the communications FIFO for channel A—the register through which incoming data is read and outgoing data is written. TIAFIF+2 points at $D00B, which is the communications FIFO for channel B.

The implementation in POC V2.1 will extend this pattern to account for the second DUART, which is wired to channels C and D. For example, TIASR+4, which is the status register for channel C, will point at $D101 and TIASR+6, which is the status register for channel D, will point at $D109.

The DUART only has one interrupt status register (DISR), which is wired to both channels, as well as to other features in the device, such as the counter/timer. Despite this, two pointers are used to access the DISR, which means TIAISR and TIAISR+2 both point at the DISR at $D005. In the case of POC V2.1 and its twin DUARTs, there will be two DISRs and therefore TIAISR+4 and TIAISR+6 (channels C and D, respectively) will point at the second DUART's DISR, which will be accessible at $D105. As will be seen, this little bit of redundancy makes for more efficient programming in the interrupt service routine part of the TIA-232 driver.

The CFIFO pointer table points to the CFIFOs, of which there are two per DUART channel, one for incoming data and the other for outgoing data. As the name suggests, each CFIFO is a "first-in, first-out" or queue data structure (compare that to a LIFO or "last-in, first-out" structure, which is usually a stack). Each CFIFO has two pointers associated with it, one pointing at where the next datum will be stored (called the "put" pointer) and the other pointing at where in the CFIFO from which the next datum will be retrieved (called the "get" pointer). Although the pointers are 16 bits, only the least significant byte (LSB) is manipulated as the CFIFO is accessed. The LSB simply wraps when the pointer is incremented while pointing at the far end of the CFIFO, which is why the CFIFO is "circular."

Here's what the CFIFO pointer table looks like in POC V1.1's firmware:

Code:
02319      001E             tiagetrx =tiaisr+s_nxpchp      ;RxD CFIFO 'get'
02320      0022             tiaputrx =tiagetrx+s_nxpchp    ;RxD CFIFO 'put'
02321      0026             tiagettx =tiaputrx+s_nxpchp    ;TxD CFIFO 'get'
02322      002A             tiaputtx =tiagettx+s_nxpchp    ;TxD CFIFO 'put'

As there are two channels in the DUART, there are two sets of pointers associated with each of the "get" and "put" arrays.

During POST, the CFIFO pointers are initialized with the base addresses of the CFIFOs to which they point. For example, TIAGETRX will be initialized with $CC00 and TIAGETRX+2 will be initialized with $CD00 (each CFIFO is 256 bytes in size in POC V1.1). POST will also initialize the "put" pointers to the same addresses as the corresponding "get" pointers. The "get" pointer is postincremented by the driver when a datum is fetched from the CFIFO. If prior to the fetch operation, the "get" pointer is the same as the "put" pointer the driver will interpret it to mean the CFIFO is empty.

When storing a datum into a CFIFO, the driver will preincrement the "put" pointer and then compare it to the "get" pointer. If the two are equal it is interpreted to mean the CFIFO is full. Code fragments will illustrate this process.

In addition to the above pointer tables, there is a one byte bit field in direct page that is used to track the status of the DUART transmitters:

Code:
02323      002E             tiatxst  =tiaputtx+s_nxpchp    ;TxD status bit field

Each bit corresponds to a channel's transmitter, with a set bit indicating that the transmitter is disabled, the normal condition when no data is available for transmission. Bit 0 corresponds to channel A, bit 1 corresponds to channel B, etc. This bit field doesn't have to be in direct page, but of course access to it will be slightly faster than if it is in absolute memory.

In order to access any DUART register or CFIFO the 65C816's X-register is used to index into the appropriate pointer table. For example, to read the status register of DUART channel B:

Code:
         lda #1                ;corresponds to channel B
         asl a                 ;convert index to offset
         tax                   ;.X is the main index register
         lda (tiasr,x)         ;read channel status

Similarly, to write a datum to DUART channel D's communications FIFO:

Code:
         pha                   ;protect datum
         lda #3                ;corresponds to channel D
         asl a                 ;convert index to offset
         tax
         pla                   ;recover datum &...
         sta (tiafif,x)        ;write to output

This use of indexed indirect addressing is pervasive in the driver, as will be seen in some code samples.

The following code, which is executed when it has been determined that the DUART has interrupted, illustrates how incoming data flow from the DUART is put into the corresponding CFIFOs:

Code:
04184    ;DUART RECEIVER IRQ PROCESSING
04185    ;
04186    E2A5  A0 01        iirq0200 ldy #n_nxpch-1        ;starting channel index
04187    ;
04188    ;
04189    ;   start of channel processing loop...
04190    ;
04191    E2A7  98           .0000010 tya                   ;copy channel index
04192    E2A8  0A                    asl a                 ;channel pointer offset
04193    E2A9  AA                    tax
04194    E2AA  A1 1A                 lda (tiaisr,x)        ;get channel IRQ status
04195    E2AC  39 2C F8              and nxprqtab,y        ;RxD interrupting?
04196    E2AF  F0 1C                 beq .0000030          ;no, skip this channel
04197    ;
04198    E2B1  A9 40                 lda #nxpcresr         ;clear an RxD...
04199    E2B3  81 12                 sta (tiacr,x)         ;overrun error (really bad kludge)
04200    ;
04201    E2B5  A1 0E        .0000020 lda (tiasr,x)         ;get channel status
04202    E2B7  89 01                 bit #nxprxdr          ;UART FIFO empty?
04203    E2B9  F0 12                 beq .0000030          ;yes, done with channel
04204    ;
04205    E2BB  A1 16                 lda (tiafif,x)        ;load datum from...
04206    E2BD  EB                    xba                   ;channel & hold it
04208    E2BE  B5 22                 lda tiaputrx,x        ;CFIFO 'put' pointer
04209    E2C0  1A                    inc a                 ;bump
04210    E2C1  D5 1E                 cmp tiagetrx,x        ;CFIFO 'get' pointer
04211    E2C3  F0 F0                 beq .0000020          ;no room in CFIFO, discard datum
04212    ;
04213    E2C5  EB                    xba                   ;expose datum &...
04215    E2C6  81 22                 sta (tiaputrx,x)      ;store in CFIFO
04216    E2C8  EB                    xba                   ;expose adjusted pointer &...
04218    E2C9  95 22                 sta tiaputrx,x        ;save
04219    E2CB  80 E8                 bra .0000020          ;loop
04220    ;
04221    E2CD  88           .0000030 dey                   ;all channels serviced?
04222    E2CE  10 D7                 bpl .0000010          ;no
04223    ;
04224    ;   ...end of channel processing loop

As can be seen, the Y-register is the channel index. Each pass through the loop results in a pointer offset being generated from the current channel index—in theory, the algorithm is extensible to any number of channels.

The 28L92 has 16-deep receiver FIFOs and is configured to only interrupt if a FIFO is full, or if a datum is in a FIFO and has not been retrieved within 64 bit intervals after its arrival, which is a period of approximately 556 microseconds at 115.2Kbps. This "RxD watchdog" feature is intended to prevent the accumulation of "stale" data in the FIFO, such as might happen if the user only strikes one key. Once it has been determined that the channel's receiver has interrupted, the loop bounded by labels .0000020 (lines 04201-04219, inclusive) repeatedly reads from the FIFO as long as the DUART indicates it has data.

Notice how starting at line 04205, the next datum is fetched from the DUART before the CFIFO pointers are tested to determine if there is room in the CFIFO—the datum will be discarded if there is no room. The alternative method would be to first test the CFIFO pointers and only if the CFIFO has room, read the DUART. The problem with doing so is once the DUART's FIFO has filled with data, subsequent data will be refused and RTS will be deasserted on the receipt of the next start bit. If the remote station fails to immediately respond to RTS an overrun error will occur, which must be cleared in order to resume reception. Hence the DUART is read regardless of whether or not the CFIFO has room. As a precaution, the channel is told to clear the overrun error flag (which sets a bit in the interrupt status register) each time the channel is serviced, an ugly kludge, since overrun errors should be reported to higher level functions.

A similar processing pattern is used to transmit data:

Code:
04228    ;DUART TRANSMITTER IRQ PROCESSING
04229    ;
04230    E2D0  A0 01        iirq0300 ldy #n_nxpch-1        ;starting channel index
04231    ;
04232    ;
04233    ;   start of channel processing loop...
04234    ;
04235    E2D2  98           .0000010 tya                   ;copy channel index
04236    E2D3  0A                    asl a                 ;channel pointer offset
04237    E2D4  AA                    tax
04238    E2D5  A1 1A                 lda (tiaisr,x)        ;get channel IRQ status
04239    E2D7  39 2E F8              and nxptqtab,y        ;TxD interrupting?
04240    E2DA  F0 1D                 beq .0000040          ;no, skip this channel
04241    ;
04242    E2DC  B5 26        .0000020 lda tiagettx,x        ;CFIFO 'get' pointer
04243    E2DE  D5 2A                 cmp tiaputtx,x        ;CFIFO 'put' pointer
04244    E2E0  F0 0E                 beq .0000030          ;nothing to transmit
04245    ;
04246    E2E2  A1 0E                 lda (tiasr,x)         ;get channel status
04247    E2E4  89 04                 bit #nxptxdr          ;TxD FIFO full?
04248    E2E6  F0 11                 beq .0000040          ;yes, done for now
04249    ;
04250    E2E8  A1 26                 lda (tiagettx,x)      ;read CFIFO &...
04251    E2EA  81 16                 sta (tiafif,x)        ;write to TxD FIFO
04252    E2EC  F6 26                 inc tiagettx,x        ;bump 'get' pointer
04253    E2EE  80 EC                 bra .0000020          ;loop
04254    ;
04255    E2F0  A9 08        .0000030 lda #nxpcrtxd         ;tell DUART to...
04256    E2F2  81 12                 sta (tiacr,x)         ;disable transmitter
04257    E2F4  B9 30 F8              lda tiatstab,y        ;flag it...
04258    E2F7  04 2E                 tsb tiatxst           ;as well
04259    ;
04260    E2F9  88           .0000040 dey                   ;all channels serviced?
04261    E2FA  10 D6                 bpl .0000010          ;no
04262    ;
04263    ;   ...end of channel processing loop

In all NXP 26xx and 28xx UARTs, the transmitter will interrupt as soon as it is enabled, the interrupt indicating that there is nothing to transmit. Upon entry to the above routine, the transmit CFIFO will be checked for data. If data is waiting it will be written to the transmitter as fast as the loop bounded by labels .0000020 (lines 04242-04253, inclusive) can execute. As soon as a datum has been written to the transmitter the "transmitter empty" IRQ will be cleared. The transmitter has a 16-deep FIFO, so multiple data can be written following a single interrupt, which again improves throughput. Once the transmitter indicates its FIFO is full the loop bounded by .0000020 will break and the MPU will move on to the next channel.

As soon as the transmitter has sent the last datum in its FIFO it will again interrupt. If the corresponding CFIFO is empty the transmitter must be disabled. Otherwise, the system will deadlock, since /IRQ will be continuously held low due to the "transmitter empty" interrupt being asserted. Transmitter shutdown is handled at label .0000030 (line 04255) in two steps. First a command is issued to the channel telling the DUART to disable the transmitter. The command immediately clears the transmitter interrupt, but doesn't actually disable the transmitter until the final datum in the FIFO has been serialized and transmitted. A flag is set in the transmitter status bit field to indicating that the transmitter has been disabled. The data table TIASTAB (line 04257) is a set of masks that is used to select the appropriate bit in the status bit field that is to be manipulated. The TSB instruction is handy for this sort of thing.

In the foreground part of the driver, each submission of a datum for transmission will result in the TIATXST bit field being tested to see if the transmitter is disabled:

Code:
03759    E1D0  B9 30 F8              lda tiatstab,y        ;transmitter status bit mask
03760    E1D3  14 2E                 trb tiatxst           ;transmitter enabled?
03761    E1D5  D0 0C                 bne .enabtxd          ;no, must enable it

In the above, the Y-register is again the channel index. Double duty is gotten out of the TRB TIATXST instruction, as TRB performs a logical AND of the accumulator and TIATXST before it clears the flag bit in TIATXST corresponding to the mask loaded into the accumulator. If the result of the logical AND is true then it means the transmitter has been disabled and code must be executed to restart it:

Code:
03782    ;   enable transmitter...
03783    ;
03784    E1E3  A9 04        .enabtxd lda #nxpcrtxe
03785    E1E5  81 12                 sta (tiacr,x)
03786    E1E7  80 EE                 bra .done

Upon restarting, the transmitter will immediately interrupt because no data will be in its FIFO. That interrupt will start transmission as described above.

All of this code has been tested on POC V1.1 and works as intended. I'm thinking I will be able to port it to POC V2.1's firmware, with the only changes being the number of channels being accessed. All I need are those PCBs...

———————————————————————————————————————————
¹If the discussion of FIFOs in the context of serial I/O processing is mystifying to you I suggest you check out Garth Wilson's serial I/O discussion on his interrupts article pagelook here for the RS-232 stuff. Note that his page refers to the CFIFOs as "buffers," which they technically are not (no matter what Wikipedia says).

Last edited by BigDumbDinosaur on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:22 am 

A very nice piece of code and helpful commented too.

And the kludge isn't that bad. If there is an overrun or some other sort (e.g. parity, missing stopbit) error - the irq handler could only flag an issue and try to process what remains as good as possible. But how to flag, and is there additional code to process that? Usually this depends on what sort of information is received or transmitted. Things would become more and more complex..

The decision to drop that error as well as to drop characters when there is no more buffer space is consequent.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:46 am 

GaBuZoMeu wrote:
A very nice piece of code and helpful commented too.

Thanks! Maybe it will be useful to someone else.

Quote:
And the kludge isn't that bad. If there is an overrun or some other sort (e.g. parity, missing stopbit) error - the irq handler could only flag an issue and try to process what remains as good as possible. But how to flag, and is there additional code to process that? Usually this depends on what sort of information is received or transmitted. Things would become more and more complex..

The overrun problem is an interesting one with a UART that has a receiver FIFO. If an overrun does occur the UART sets a flag and generates an IRQ if enabled, but can't tell you at which point the overrun occurred. So you really don't know where the incoming data stream has been corrupted. If incoming data integrity is critical, such as during a file transfer, the prudent thing to do is to utilize an error-checking routine to catch a data stream that has been corrupted by an overrun.

The data format is 8-N-1, so a parity error cannot happen. The 28L92 has missing stop bit detection capability, but again, just flags it—the received datum immediately following the missing stop bit will be corrupted. As the UART driver is running in ROM and ROM space in POC V1.1 is at a premium, I elected to forego error checking in the driver itself. The Motorola S-record transfer function does perform error checking on each received record, so corrupted data transfers are not likely to occur.

In any case, a closely-wired setup like what I have (no more than three meters of cable between serial endpoints) is unlikely to encounter transmission errors.

Quote:
Te decision to drop that error as well as to drop characters when there is no more buffer space is consequent.

Reading the RxD FIFO before determining if the CFIFO has room for another datum should all-but-eliminate overrun errors due to processing latency. The execution time through each loop is a tiny fraction of the time that elapses between the arrival of successive data.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:31 pm 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
During POST, these pointers are loaded from a static data table that contains a list of DUART register absolute addresses...The CFIFO pointer table points to the CFIFOs, of which there are two per DUART channel...During POST, the CFIFO pointers are initialized with the base addresses of the CFIFOs to which they point.

In my earlier post explaining the vQUART driver theory, I neglected to describe why the direct page pointer tables are statically configured during POST. Why not just set up the channel pointers as needed during run-time?

My first cut of this driver worked that way. Each pass through the interrupt service routine (ISR) loop would use the zero-based channel index to compute the DUART register pointers—the CFIFO pointers were initialized during POST, since their state had to be maintained from one driver access to the next. Computing pointers on the fly was chosen to prove that my methods were viable. However, it was apparent even without doing any cycle counting that the pointer computation that was carried out during each pass through the ISR was eating up quite a bit of processing time. Whether a specific channel was interrupting or not, the pointer to the interrupt status register had to be set up on every pass through the ISR in order to make that determination—the rest of the register pointers were set up once it was known the channel had interrupted.

My second cut of this driver did away with computing the DUART register pointer addresses and instead got them from a data table in ROM. This change reduced "parasitic" processing, but was still using more cycles than I liked. That led me to conclude that a much more efficient driver would be realized by setting up the DUART register pointer tables during POST, in essence exchanging direct page space for a reduction in clock cycles. The result was the driver that is now running on POC V1.1 and will soon (it is hoped) be running on POC V2.1.

Although POC V1.1 was the test-bed for this driver, the real target is POC V2.1, which has a block of RAM that is reserved for the firmware's use. One page of that RAM will be the firmware's private direct page, which will be automatically "mapped in" when an IRQ occurs or a BIOS API function is invoked. This is important in the scheme of things, as a total 50 direct page addresses will be consumed just by the serial I/O routines, with more direct page space earmarked for the SCSI driver and the software clocks. User applications that use the physical zero page as direct page will have all 256 addresses available to them. The 65C816's ability to address direct page anywhere in the first 64KB makes this practical and convenient.

How much of a performance gain did the final driver version achieve over the original version? A worst-case cycle count indicates a three-to-one improvement, which is a significant gain when one considers that POC V2.1 has four serial channels and thus will demand a lot more out of the ISR, especially if all those channels are simultaneously active.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:07 am 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
I made some minor detail changes to some trace routing and have called it a done deal.

Pictures of POC V2.1's PCBs. Just for grins, I got these made with a matte blue finish. :D At least that's what the order says. I'm not sure what color they are.

Attachment:
File comment: POC V2.1 PCB Component Side
pocv2.1_pcb_top.jpg
pocv2.1_pcb_top.jpg [ 1.8 MiB | Viewed 1324 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: POC V2.1 PCB Solder Side
pocv2.1_pcb_bot.jpg
pocv2.1_pcb_bot.jpg [ 1.59 MiB | Viewed 1324 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next