6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:31 pm 

I am trying to get an old BP programmer so that I can program a Signetics N82S100N PLD for my CBM B256-80 board. I have the Signetics and a programmer on hand. But there is no software with the programmer and BP microsystems has discontinued support for the old products.

Anyone here knows how to get a copy of the dos-version or early windows-version (for win95/98) of the BP programmer software? Hope you can help!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:40 pm 

Well, I eventually found the software and it can be downloaded here (if you have a BP microsystem programmer of any sort). Even the original DOS software is there. Talk about lifetime support. :mrgreen:

Nice thing about the CP-1128 programmer that I bought is that it can program the original Signetics 82S100N PAL. Its the one used in CBM-II and Commodore 64 machines. Their PLD-1100 can also program this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:42 pm 

Nice! Especially about still being able to download the DOS-based software. It looks like they have had an awful lot of models over the years. Are you aware of any particular groups of them that work stand-alone, ie, don't require their PC software, and tell in the manual how to feed data to them from another platform by RS-232? I used a Bytek Writer that worked this way at my last place of work which I left in 1992. I could even feed it Intel Hex files from my calculator over my RS-232 interface converter. I've had it on my eBay search for years but it has never shown up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:32 pm 

GARTHWILSON wrote:
Nice! Especially about still being able to download the DOS-based software. It looks like they have had an awful lot of models over the years. Are you aware of any particular groups of them that work stand-alone, ie, don't require their PC software, and tell in the manual how to feed data to them from another platform by RS-232? I used a Bytek Writer that worked this way at my last place of work which I left in 1992. I could even feed it Intel Hex files from my calculator over my RS-232 interface converter. I've had it on my eBay search for years but it has never shown up.

Yep. I even found a Win95 PC in my fathers attic so I could connect it straight away and run it with BPWSoft3. Its been working perfectly. I have burnt several 2564s, a few MCM68764s and the Signetics PLD without any problem. Very satisfied!

I haven't used any other programmer, so not much help there I guess..