6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Apology
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:12 pm 

I have obviously been asking a lot of stupid questions. I know this because of peoples responses to me. I want to say sorry for annoying people with useless questions. It was very noobish to ask some of the questions I asked

Post subject: Re: Apology
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:17 pm 

James_Parsons wrote:
I have obviously been asking a lot of stupid questions. I know this because of peoples responses to me. I want to say sorry for annoying people with useless questions. It was very noobish to ask some of the questions I asked

Something to consider would be to consolidate future questions into a single topic. That way, those who aren't interested in reading or posting to your queries won't have a lot of entries on the new posts screen through which to wade.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 pm 

Quote:

New enthusiasm is always great. No need to apologize for that. As BDD alluded, keeping related ones in one topic will help preserve the flow of understanding of where you're trying to go with something, keep the background of related questions together, and prevent cluttering the forum. I realize the search operation is not optimum, but do try it. There are many years of good archives here. Unfortunately the topic titles don't always tell what's in them very well, and it takes some of us who have been around for a long time to remember what search terms to use to find something.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:16 pm 

Thank you for apologising James.

It's a good rule for online behaviour that you stay within the norms of any community that you seek to join.

It's a good habit to use a meaningful subject line. A question (or item of interest) is not just for the minute or the hour, it is in place for years, and it helps a great deal in subsequent searching or skimming to see a well-written post with a relevant subject line.

Cheers
Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:26 pm 

BigEd wrote:
Thank you for apologising James.

It's a good rule for online behaviour that you stay within the norms of any community that you seek to join.

It's a good habit to use a meaningful subject line. A question (or item of interest) is not just for the minute or the hour, it is in place for years, and it helps a great deal in subsequent searching or skimming to see a well-written post with a relevant subject line.

Cheers
Ed

Well said.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:31 am 

It's great to be interested in so many things! Many of your questions could be easily looked up on any search engine. We have a pretty amazing resource here for the more obscure questions, ones that would be really hard to find answers to.

Your questions were not useless, by the way, or stupid.

I am happy to see that you are a real person, not a markov chain spambot. I was a little worried.