6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:05 pm 

Hi there,

since the upgrade of the forum software I have a small problem that annoys me very much when I read the forum.

With the old forum software, when I watched a forum page like "Hardware", or "General Discussions", all threads would become marked as read on the next visit.
Which was good, because I just "open in new tab" the interesting topics and on the next visit I could see the threads with new messages since the last visit.

With the new forum software it seems, to mark a thread (topic) as read, I actually have to load the topic page. Which I just don't do because I don't read all topics.
So the "threads with new messages" now persist and clutter what I really want to see.

I don't want to go back to the old behaviour, but a button or something to mark the topic or the forum page (e.g. "Hardware") as read would be great. Or am I missing that this functionality
already exists?

many thanks in advance
André

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 pm 

There is a 'mark topics read' under each of the subforums (e.g. General Discussion), and there is a 'mark forums read' on the board index page, but it seems to be missing from the page I normally use, the 'View unread posts'. So the workaround for now seems to read the topics you want, and then click Board index and then 'mark forums read'. It would be nice with a button on the 'View unread posts' page too.

-Tor

Last edited by Tor on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 pm 

Ah, thank you, I found it now. I really missed that one. Maybe because it just looked like the other headers.

issue resolved,
many thanks
André