1) Adam's Great 6502 Projects

2) Daniel's T65

3) David's Free-6502

4) Pete's Robot

5) Rich12345's Hardware Page

6) Roland's Atom-in-PC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 pm 

Might be best to mail Mike directly with any fixups or alternatives. Having said which:

Reocities.com is a reanimation project for (geocities which no longer exists) and it includes much of Adam's Great 6502 Projects

The T65 has suffered from a re-org at opencores, but can now be found here - but I think there have been subsequent fixes so check also at https://svn.pacedev.net/repos/pace/sw/s ... onent/cpu/ and http://www.fpgaarcade.com/library.htm

Note that the wayback machine at archive.org is great for any web content which has been around for a while - as a lot of retro project sites have.

This previous post suggests one or two alternatives: viewtopic.php?p=7611

Edit: I found Roland's Atom in PC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 pm 

BigEd wrote:
The T65 has suffered from a re-org at opencores, but can now be found here - but I think there have been subsequent fixes so check also at https://svn.pacedev.net/repos/pace/sw/s ... onent/cpu/ and http://www.fpgaarcade.com/library.htm

For completeness: Mark McDougall has confirmed that the version of T65 in the PACEDev repository fixes the handling of the B bit - that seems to be the best version to work with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:44 pm 

Does Mike pay attention to this site anymore? I sent him some more code to post several months ago and haven't seen or heard anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 pm 

Seconded. We need an active member to maintain. I pick Garth :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:38 am 

Yes, but did Garth nominate himself to this august post? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:09 am 

There are several time zones. Maybe several long time members, instead of just one or two?

I'm interjecting here, because I would love to see this 6502 community grow. Maybe some more topics in the index, maybe a beginners section, expert, etc. Maybe more ideas... (I think there are alot of smart people doing experiments that love to work with this processor, but are possibly unwilling to post out of fear for one reason or another because there is not an appropriate place to post. (obviously I am not one of them, but I don't have the best ideas either...))

A forum I used to visit alot when I was learning how to do watercooling on Intel CPUs is here (There is MUCH more than watercooling, and the guy running the forum, and others, have had tours of Intel facilities because I think his forum was frequented by not only Intel, but by the RAM manufacturers, etc.): http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/index.php
They use vbulletin, may be worth looking into?... But at least you can see all the subforums. The more subforums, the more users would login to interact.

The format is nice IMO... EACH subforum has STICKIES. As users read a thread that they deem a topic or idea a sticky, they post, and the moderators decide. Then it becomes a thread that is constantly on the top of all other threads, and commented on by all users thereafter. This would be extremely helpful for everyone here, instead of digging up old threads and have multiple crossthreads as well. Setting this up in the beginning would probably be the hardest part...

I know I don't pay the money and I have no idea how much money OR how much work goes into maintaining an official Forum, but these are just observations, and I only bring them up because of the previous posts. I make these comments and observations with absolutely no ill intent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm 

Theres nothing in that forum's layout that couldn't also be done with phpBB; to add to it, VBulletin costs (And the price has just shot up quite significantly).

Also, more forums tends to do quite the opposite of what you expect: it intimidates users and makes them go elsewhere. You add forums when the existing ones begin to move to quickly to be usable.

But if I was charged with renovating the site, the first thing I would do is get us off this ancient, unsupported phpBB version with security holes for something more modern; be it phpBB 3 or another piece of forum software. phpBB2 has not received a release since 2008, and all support ended on January 1st 2009. That this forum is still running it is inexcusable - especially when its a 30 minute upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 pm 

The two things a place like 6502.org needs, in my view, are content and community. I wouldn't worry about presentation.

If we describe good projects, if we answer questions helpfully, if our posts are accurate where they can be, and express doubt when they can't, if we welcome new users and if we are careful to discuss rather than to argue, to question rather than attack, I think we're in good shape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:25 pm 

Quote:
the first thing I would do is get us off this ancient, unsupported phpBB version with security holes for something more modern; be it phpBB 3 or another piece of forum software.

Can you tell us what Ver3 offers that we don't have here? I'm not challenging-- I really don't know. Maybe the ability to embed a video? As far as security goes, we have never had an attack. There's just one irritating thing which is that when posting, clicking on the things just below the subject bar can make the cursor go to the beginning or end, then you have to find your place again if you were editing in the middle of a long post. (I do not write from beginning to end. I don't think that way, which is partly why I can't talk worth a darn.)

Before Mike added the capcha, we had a lot of spammers, but they have been few and far between since then. He should probably add a notice in the sign-up page saying that even minor forms of spamming will result in their immediately being kicked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm 

Sorry I didn't get around to answering this earlier.

There are a couple of quite simple answers to that question:
The first is that phpBB3 has built-in support for attachments. Whether you consider this useful or not will depend, but most forums seem to. The other useful feature that springs to my mind is that the default theme doesn't break when someone posts an over-wide image.