6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:55 am 

Just got back into Forth after about a year due to coming across a commercial product call UniForth. It is a fairly full featured sample disk with a full set of Assembler directives, a screen based editor as well as the ability to interpret text file programs. A full set of Floating Point words. Input/output support for multiple devices. The ability to create self-running applications for commercial use. Lo-res graphics commands are included. And it is based on the 83 standard. But due to limitations of the Apple II, the 83 standard can not quite fully be supported.

According to the included sampler document, the only things missing from the commercial package is string manipulation, multi-tasking, hi-res graphics, a decompiler, a debugger, and faster, improved programming.
Oh yeah, and a manual detailing the use of all the words in the dictionary. There is quite a few.

I just accomplished getting the decompiler working and now have a complete list of every word decompiled. Decompiler and manual no longer needed. Debugger not really necessary. And string and graphics are on another Forth disk I came across. Their multi-tasking description was mostly for serial devices, like printers. The most multi-tasking I do is watching the clock tick down on the computer.

Great Fun!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:35 am 

Anything preventing you from sharing the wealth? My Apple II is buried in the attic, but I fire up AppleWin quite often, and I wouldn't mind giving UniForth a spin. Is the distribution available for purchase in a downloadable format?

Mike B. (about me) (learning how to github)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:31 pm 

I guess I hinted at having the commercial software. This is not the commercial package. This is the sampler that the company gave out for free.

Attachments:
Uniforth.zip [374.27 KiB]
Downloaded 65 times