6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:59 am 

Wally Daniels who has been using my 65816 Forth source on a 65265 found a problem with the DOES> and I just sent out a correction to all those to whom I could remember having sent the '816 Forth source. If you received my '816 Forth source and I have not sent you the correction, please contact me.

For those who have not received my '816 Forth but would be interested, I'll be glad to send it to you free, but be forewarned that:

A. it is not a minimalist model. There's a lot there. It is divided into various INCLude files though, and you can easily leave out entire files you're not interested in, or prune to suit your purposes. If you want to write your own '816 Forth and just use this to make your job a lot easier because much of it is already done for you, you can do that too.

B. The '816 Forth source is written to assemble on the Cross-32 assembler from Universal Cross-Assemblers. Minor modifications may have to be made for other assemblers, particularly in the usage of assembler directives.

C. Although it is really well documented, it is not totally finished up in the sense of having all the loose ends tidied up for "public consumption". Eventually I would like to offer a small '816 computer bundled with the Forth so you can get instant results. If or when that happens, many (if not most) users will find that they never have any need to run an assembler on the PC for it. (A small assembler will be available on the '816 computer though as part of the Forth).