6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:10 pm 

I started a new thread so this wasn't buried in the previous discussion.

The code for my Apple 1 emulator on the Adafruit SAMD21 boards is now available at:
https://github.com/rkincaid/a1plus

The system has been built and tested on Adafruit Trinket M0 and Neo Trinkey boards. It includes three flavors of BASIC and a number of built-in programs. I added a fair amount of documentation for how to run and what to expect. I estimate it's running at the equivalent of about a 0.8Mhz clock. Slightly slower than a real Apple I, but quite usable.

I'm using the Arduino version of Mike Chambers emulator with Mike B's BCD patch. So EhBasic returns the proper values for the HEX$ function.

Give it a look if you're interested. I'd be interested if anybody gives it a try or has any other feedback.

It's a bit of a parlor trick to run this on such tiny boards, but they work surprisingly well.

Robert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:16 pm 

That project looks quite nice, Robert! It's well documented, and your care and attention to detail seem evident. Now you just need to port my hand-modified back-port of the Woz/Baum mini-assembler and disassembler to give your clients the control and power for which they lust :D .

Mike B. (about me) (learning how to github)