6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:40 pm 

I am currently rebuilding my Emma II simulator that I began at the beginning of the year.

The reason for the rebuild is that I have successful gotten my Emma II board to work and so now want to make my simulator mimic the exact behaviour as much as possible. Previously it was an excuse to get a system to replicate the processing of the 6502 but now I can go further.

I have found a conversation from 2010 (last post was 2013 but this was a later add on comment): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2388

I have also messaged one of those on the topic but to no avail unfortunately. On this topic is a mention of the routines within the monitor eeprom (SE116/A, in my case) and a list of routine names:

Data Insert Routine
    Display 8
    Display routine
    Multiply by 10
    Multiply by 16
    Hex2Dec/Dec2Hex
    Branch Offset Calculator
    Re-locator
    Checksum Routine
    Write 4 Characters to display
    Display Memory Contents
    Display Memory Contents of indirect address
    Display Accumulator Contents.
    Display 4 Characters
    Read the Keys
    Output Data to the Cassette interface
    Input Data from the Cassette interface

Does anyone have any further information on how these routines worked, what their function was? Anything that may help me in my hunt?

Someone else on there mentioned that they had a series of manuals for the Emma II. I have the Hardware Manual, the User Manual and the Instruction Set but nothing else. Can anyone help in this respect?

I am currently encoding the 7 segment display system and trying to work out the best way of doing this. I have 7 segments (woohoo) and the decimal point. I remember these needing octal values for the seven segment but the decimal point? I'm assuming a nibble for each segment; therefore to display a full address would require two bytes - ignoring the A for address that first appears and so makes it an additional nibble. Am I right here? Would it me MSB defining the decimal or the LSB with the remaining bits being the main 7-segment display?

Any and all help gratefully received.

****Found the information in the user manual and extracted the actual code via my own Emma II board.****

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:40 am 

Garynewport, are you still around and do you definitely have the hardware manual? Would be great to get a scan of that available here or somewhere. I'd be glad to cover expenses for doing that.

john - colorado springs, co

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 pm 

(Garynewport - I see you note that you've extracted code - I encourage you to share it! Post here as a zip attachment, or PM me if you can't find a way.)