6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:18 pm 

Jeff Parsons has written an impressive in-browser 6502 simulator ([*]may not be compatible with all browsers)

See here for a demonstration Ohio Scientific Challenger 1P, and see here for 9 instances on the same page. (The point being to demonstrate the easy embeddability and also the performance)

Attachment:
File comment: screenshot of http://cpusim.org/c1p OSI-6502 Simulator
c1p-js.png
c1p-js.png [ 52.36 KiB | Viewed 2185 times ]

There's a version with a debugger, and one without. The embedding instructions are here.

It looks like Jeff previously wrote a Windows program, which is still available.

[*] (It's a bit unusual, making use of xml and xslt, and the JavaScript looks machine-generated to me too.)

Update: there's now quite a variety of in-browser 6502 emulators where you can indulge in programming. For a currently-maintained list, see here or here. I particularly recommend easy6502 as it comes with an assembler, disassembler and is embedded in a very good tutorial.

Last edited by BigEd on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:36 am 

BigEd wrote:
Jeff Parsons has written an impressive in-browser 6502 simulator ([*]may not be compatible with all browsers)

See here for a demonstration Ohio Scientific Challenger 1P, and see here for 9 instances on the same page. (The point being to demonstrate the easy embeddability and also the performance)

Attachment:
c1p-js.png

There's a version with a debugger, and one without. The embedding instructions are here.

It looks like Jeff previously wrote a Windows program, which is still available.

[*] (It's a bit unusual, making use of xml and xslt, and the JavaScript looks machine-generated to me too.)

Hey! That's pretty cool! It works fine in SeaMonkey 2.6.1, which means Firefox users should also be able to successfully run it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:25 am 

In Chromium the keyboard will not enter anything into the simulator window for some reason, it works fine on Firefox though.

-Tor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:10 am 

Did you click in the canvas which represents the screen? It's working for me in Chrome on linux, and also in an old Chromium-nightly I have [19.0.1038.0 (Developer Build 121448 Linux)]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:21 pm 

BigEd wrote:
Did you click in the canvas which represents the screen? It's working for me in Chrome on linux, and also in an old Chromium-nightly I have [19.0.1038.0 (Developer Build 121448 Linux)]

I found the problem with Chromium - if I click _anywhere_ it won't work, I must only click one of the buttons (e.g. 'run'), and then I can type in the canvas. If I click anywhere else I'm forever locked out of the screen (I can only enter into that little text field above the buttons). So, keeping that in mind, it works fine in Chromium too.

-Tor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:04 pm 

That's good!