6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:54 am 

thanks for the defines . it seems to enter callbacks without updating the registers

could you help me or do you have anyhingbetter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:25 pm 

It might be that you need the
externalise()
call, or possibly the
internalise()
call... have a look in the code to see how they are used.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:12 pm 

errr.

exact;y this doesn't work and is impossible to debug in vs6 and they hang around here with that in java for example.

cpu class from dead6502 is seems not bad for rip anybody ?

[ cedar program they mention on this list = worth look at,went much better with lib86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:33 pm 

the more readable this lib is better the chips sell or worse ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:41 pm 

codecow wrote:
cpu class from dead6502 is seems not bad for rip anybody ?
and
Quote:
the more readable this lib [lib6502] is better the chips sell or worse ?

The 6502 is definitely not dead. viewtopic.php?t=784 is one relevant topic. In spite of the dates on that topic, it is not very outdated. What is said there is still true. WDC makes most of its money from licensing the intellectual property (IP), not selling hardware, and that the licensees put the 65c02 processor at the heart of custom ICs for automotive, appliance, toy, industrial, consumer electronics, and even life-support products at a rate of over one hundred million units per year. Undoubtedly however, the better the documentation and the resource pool for a given processor, the more likely it is to get put into new products. The 6502 seems to be one of the best-documented processors in history. I'm not familiar with lib6502, but regardless of its state, improvements can't hurt! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:12 pm 

Hi codecow
I have time now for a fuller response. First, welcome!

Second, I'm interested in your reference to "cedar" but I don't understand what that is.

Third, I see now that you already saw Symon, a 6502 emulator in Java, but you want a C version. There are several C emulators of 6502, perhaps you should look at all of them to see if the code is in a style which suits your development and debug environment. See here:
http://6502.org/tools/emu/#emulation

Finally, it might be worth me saying a little about the 6502 and this forum and the emulators - you might have misunderstood how many things are independent of each other:
- The 6502 was originally a chip by a company called MOS and has been made by several different manufacturers in the years after.
- The modern 65C02 is a chip made by a company called WDC, who also license their design to other companies including Sunplus/Generalplus.
- This site is independent of all companies, and almost everyone here is a hobbyist or engineer representing themselves, and not representing any company.
- The various emulators you can find, including lib6502, are each independent developments by various developers, some of which might be here on the forum but many of which are not here.

Now, lib6502 is something of a favourite of mine, but it's not my code, and it isn't suitable for all purposes. It's high performance and the code is built by a collection of defines - it's not the easiest code to debug. As you've found!

Hope this helps
Ed