6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:55 pm 
Hi there!

I have just found 6505.org whilst searching for some BBC Micro stuff to help me with a project I would like to start - can anybody offer me some advice?

About a year ago I finished a course which had some 6502 content, we used a PC system to control a 6502 processor hooked up to an interface that allowed several input/output ports to be used for controlling motors, sensors etc. At the time I found this quite interesting as I have a little assembly language experience but never in device control. Now purely out of personal interest I would like to expand my knowledge and start a little project of my own dealing with a similar system as above.

I am currently looking to get my hands on an old BBC B Micro as easy access to a 6502 with an available interface, but I am unsure if this is the best way to go. I am currently running an iMac DV, and know of no way of controlling a 6502 from that.

I am looking for some advice, opinions or suggestions that can help me get this project off the ground obviously at minimal cost.

Sorry to drag on a bit, hope I haven't put you off! ;-)

Cheers...

Naz

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 1:24 am 
If you don't live in the UK, Apple, Atari, or Commodore should be easier to obtain than a BBC Micro.

I wish I had a BBC Micro.

Does anyone remember two different BBC computer shows: "The Computer Program", and "Making the Most of the Micro?" I saw them while living in Mississippi in the mid 80s. I'd love to get copies of those programs. I believe there were 13 espisodes each.

Exegete AKA Roy Miller
Faith Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Apple ][ forever!

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]