6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 12:03 am 
Most informed people have heard of the Kim-1, but does any one know of what ever happened to the TIM1 -- it is mentioned in the MOS Hardware manual under section 3.3.2. It is basically a small system like kim that was supposedly used for bootstrapping a system with a teletype. The TIM consisted of a MOS factory programmed 6530-004 (a 6530 chip) a 6502, 512 Bytes of RAM and some glue logic. Now the thing is this: Was this product ever created? Searching the internet yields no information, but in an old book I stumbled across the scematic for it--which can be made available if anybody wants it.

I would really like to know anything anyone could tell me.

Has anyone ever used it?
Does it exist, in anything other than paper?

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2001 2:54 pm 

I found an article in an old book I've got "The Best of Micro Volume 1".
"Micro" was a magazine in the late '70's & early '80's that civered all the many different 6502 based systems. KIM-1, AIM-65, PET, Apple II, SYM-1, Super JOLT, Challenger II, & whatever.
The article expains what the TIM is & how to implement it. It came in a MOS Technology MCS6530-004. Which is avaiable anymore.
There's also another article on putting the TIM on th S-100 Bus.

There are some ads in the back for software that runs on it. Text Editor, Tiny BASIC, & assembler.
Ted Melton

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]