6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [26.1] Network Interface
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2000 7:12 pm 
Hello, I am currently looking for a way to connect my C64 to my 10/100 Lan segment. Any ideas?

blue0ne@igloo.org

Report this post

Post subject: [26.2] Network Interface
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2000 2:41 am 
Site Admin

Hi Jim,

Check out www.embeddedethernet.com. It describes in detail an interface that should be easily adapted to your C64 or any 6502 system. Of course, you'll have to write the software yourself, but there is some sample code on the site for the Basic Stamp and a few other microcontrollers to point you in the right direction.

I'd be very interested in your project if you decided to take this idea and develop it.

Report this post
 Post subject: [26.3] Network Interface
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2000 2:26 am 
If you can find one, it would probably be easiest to use one of the ADAPTEC "Nodem" devices. This is no longer popular and I imagine you'll have to find one in a thrift store or at a swap-meet, but it's a SCSI<=> standard ethernet interface in a standalone box. Finding/making a SCSI interface for the C64 ought to be much easier than building an ethernet interface. Hopefully you have a dual-speed hub. 100 Mbps is a bit much for the '64.

Uli

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]