6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 pm 

Hello,

I am new to up's world as i have recently completed my EEPROM programmer...
now i want to use my 8085 uP, starting with some blinking LED's projects.

I know this forum is for 6502 up's but i have no option where to start this, I hope here i will get some help in 8085..!!

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:01 pm 

RITESH wrote:
Hello,

I am new to up's world as i have recently completed my EEPROM programmer...
now i want to use my 8085 uP, starting with some blinking LED's projects.

I know this forum is for 6502 up's but i have no option where to start this, I hope here i will get some help in 8085..!!

Thanks

Hi Ritesh
you already have a 145-post thread on this topic on another forum:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum ... 085up......

(login required)

where several people have shown a lot of patience (at least initially - I haven't read the whole thing, as it's not my area of interest, but I did see one comment which was perhaps a cruel joke at your expense. And then on the last page I see you lose patience with people generously giving you their time and working on little or no information but not answering quickly enough.)

So perhaps this isn't the best new thread here?

Ed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:40 pm 

RITESH wrote:

Ritesh, as you have already admitted to knowing, our forum is for those interested in the 65xx MPU family, not the 8085 or other MPUs. So why are you trying to start up an 8085 discussion? While it is possible someone here would be familiar with the 8085, such discussion is, in my opinion, way off-topic on this forum.

BigEd wrote:
Hi Ritesh
you already have a 145-post thread on this topic on another forum:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum ... 085up......

(login required)

Totally agree with Ed. Ritesh, since you already have a long-winded discussion going at the above location, how about if you stick with it? If you aren't getting any help there perhaps it's because you are projecting an attitude that is not being well received.

Let's keep our hardware discussions here focused on the 65xx MPU and the things one might connect to it in a 65xx-based homebrew computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:12 pm 

Then what should i do, of 8085 project...............??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:10 pm 

RITESH wrote:
Then what should i do, of 8085 project...............??
One of the many disproportionately informative responses you got on the other forum included this:
Quote:
Maybe folks are getting a little tired of your impatient questions; why don't you spend a little time with Google for a while and read some of the many articles about this sort of thing, as well as the links that have been suggested

I don't like to be hostile - I prefer a courteous and helpful forum - but you show signs of not trying to explain yourself or to understand the information you've been given, and on that other forum you have then become abusive.

You're also suspected of trying to complete academic coursework by trying to get other people to do the work for you - whether or not that's the case, it's not something we like to help with.

It's in your interest to express your current understanding, your current situation and your current problem as clearly as you can when you seek help, and to stay on topic, and to remain polite throughout.

This 8085 question is off topic for this forum.

Ed

Post subject: 6502 not 8085
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:09 pm 

BigEd wrote:
You're also suspected of trying to complete academic coursework by trying to get other people to do the work for you - whether or not that's the case, it's not something we like to help with.

It's in your interest to express your current understanding, your current situation and your current problem as clearly as you can when you seek help, and to stay on topic, and to remain polite throughout.

This 8085 question is off topic for this forum.

Ed

We (meaning the denizens of 6502.org) certainly don't mind helping out folks who are interested in building a 6502 contraption and aren't sure where to start. All of us have been there in the past. We do mind when someone tries to take the lazy way and expects others to do the thinking and research for them. And with that, as far as I'm concerned, this 8085 topic has been put to bed.