6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ethernet and uIP Stack
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:42 am 

Ok, here is a link to my SBC-3's webserver application.

*** URL removed - I'll be working on the code so will have the http port closed ***

My DSL provider has issues and you may not be able to connect for a few hours at a time, but most of the time its up.

There's not much yet. For now, this just proves that the uIP stack and cc65 can do the job. I will play around with adding some system status, or a live directory of the CF module.

The dropped IP packets are valid - there were not any problems or bugs causing it, just network traffic.

Daryl

Last edited by 8BIT on Fri May 28, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:17 pm 

8BIT wrote:
Ok, here is a link to my SBC-3's webserver application.

http://uip.webhop.net/

My DSL provider has issues and you may not be able to connect for a few hours at a time, but most of the time its up.

After several attempts, I could not get the page to load. It kept timing out. I'll try late in the evening when presumably most people (in the USA) will be in bed, not fiddling around with computers. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:50 pm 

Very nice indeed! Was it difficult to do? I know you have been working very hard getting the general infrastructure in place to support networking.

Will you be making the code (and board schematic?) available on your site at all?

Nick

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:39 am 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
After several attempts, I could not get the page to load. It kept timing out. I'll try late in the evening when presumably most people (in the USA) will be in bed, not fiddling around with computers. :)

I've noticed mornings (US Pacific Time) are the worst. I've opened tickets with my ISP but they say if I can make outward connections, then everthing is working. They will not look into it further as they don't get enough complaints from others.

At any rate... keep trying and I hope you can eventually connect.

Daryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:43 am 

polas wrote:
Very nice indeed! Was it difficult to do? I know you have been working very hard getting the general infrastructure in place to support networking.

Will you be making the code (and board schematic?) available on your site at all?

Nick

Thanks. It was not too hard. It just took time to get familiar with the uIP source structure. I took an AVR board I had with at ATMega128 and RTL8019AS and got that working first. Porting that code to the SBC-3 was pretty easy. I hope to get the ENC28J60 module working, and use that as the "standard" for the SBC-3. Once its operational, I'll add all the code to the collection.

Daryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:54 am 

I have the ENC28J60 module code completed and the SBC-3 webserver is back online!

You may check it out here:
http://myip.endofinternet.net/

I have also resolved the issues with my ISP so it should be fully accessible now.

If you click on the Statistics link, you will see I have included cgi code to read the SBC-3's real time clock. Other possibilities include access to I/O devices and other user data.

Along with the webserver, there are two other applications running: a simple smtp mail client and telnet server. Those are not currently accessible from outside of my home network's firewall.

I may add an FTP client and/or server, to allow remote file access to the CF.

The code still needs some cleanup and better documentation. I will spend another few days on that and then I'll post up all the code, pictures, and guidelines for those who would like to adopt my code to their own applications.

Daryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:21 pm 

8BIT wrote:
You may check it out here:
http://myip.endofinternet.net/

Your issues haven't yet been resolved -- I get page load errors on every access. Apparently, the server or something leading to the server issues TCP RST packets, causing the following error:

Code:
Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:49 pm 

I restarted to platform and its working now. I'll have to keep my eye out for this in case it repeats. Thanks for pointing it out.

Daryl

Post subject: Ethernet and uIP Stack
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:08 am 

I tried playing the tic-tac-to game to see what sort of response I would get. It worked fine for three moves and then the game wouldn't update the display anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:24 am 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
I tried playing the tic-tac-to game to see what sort of response I would get. It worked fine for three moves and then the game wouldn't update the display anymore.

I think I was fiddling with it while you were connected. It does run pretty slow. However, I did see a 404 message get served -which should not have happened. I have been working on adding a logfile system to see how much activity I get with this. I know the uip code is solid, but the ENC28J60 code might still be questionable.

Thanks for checking it out - try it again later to see if it is more stable.

Daryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:43 am 

The 404 was quite possibly a browser checking for a "favicon.ico".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:50 pm 

OwenS wrote:
The 404 was quite possibly a browser checking for a "favicon.ico".

Not in this case, because it was in the middle of the tic-tac-toe game, which only accesses "games2.htm" and five "gif" image files. Besides, I have a favicon.ico file installed already, so if requested, it should have served it.

I now have a log file, so can capture the file it was asking for, in case it happens again.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Daryl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:49 am 

I use SeaMonkey for a web browser, and do not use Internet keywords or any of that stuff. Therefore, the browser should not be requesting a favicon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:26 am 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
I use SeaMonkey for a web browser, and do not use Internet keywords or any of that stuff. Therefore, the browser should not be requesting a favicon.

Pretty much every modern browser requests one regardless - they're used for tab and bookmark icons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:27 pm 

OwenS wrote:
Pretty much every modern browser requests one regardless - they're used for tab and bookmark icons.

I have those features disabled. Sometimes less is indeed more.