6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:19 pm 

Hello

I have recently come into ownership of two original MOS 6502 CPU’s. I study Engineering Computing Technology and computer architecture is part of my studies, as such I have been looking at the 6502 CPU I would very much like to build my own single board computer based around the 6502. My question is, where should I start?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:57 pm 

Well I'm studying computer networking (server and Infrastructure) & digital electronics is just a hobbie of mine so I am new to this! but..

You should start by getting the origional datasheets if possible! if you can't get ahold of those there will be similar datasheets around - possibly this website which will be mostly valid! (in the way of datasheets).

65c02s processor from Western Design Center - have a free .pdf download of there datasheet which compares there 6502 to the origional nmos etc..

I suggest you look at other small projects - links from this website, one project I am looking at closely plus answering questions on the forum to fill the gaps of my knowledge about the 6502 is the - micro uk101 by Grant Searle BSc.

** From What I know so far there hasnt been much change from the origional to the new ones except mainly the speed and a bug fix!

** If you post questions to what you want to know - everyone here is usually more than welcome to answer if they can!