6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:25 pm 

BigEd wrote:
I notice Michael's original does use 47k - it's Paganini's version which has 4k7. That's the sort of thing I didn't check at all!

Yes, thanks for pointing that out Garth. Stupid brain-o by me while drawing. At some point while re-drawing I went from 47k to 4k7. Not the same thing at all!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:20 am 

Paganini wrote:
floobydust wrote:
I would also second BDD's suggestion on using programmable logic, as it will simplify the overall design, eliminate 2 or more chips and give you a much more flexible solution that can be easily changed.

I would like to see this amazing quantum glue logic that can be implemented with *zero or fewer* chips! Your kung fu must indeed be powerful. Maybe we can sell the chips generated by the "or fewer" version and make a profit. (Or maybe that's where all those sketchy Ali Express logic ICs already come from!)

:P

Sadly, you either didn't comprehend that first sentence or failed to completely read through it and the rest of the post, hence your poor attempt at either poking fun or creating humor. The first sentence clearly implies that using programmable logic provides a flexible solution that can reduce the overall chip count of many designs.. this does mean having at least one chip. But I'll at least admit that the noted chip savings was not specific to Mike's circuit, which you posted. In any case, good luck with your build and hope you're successful and have fun along the way.... I'll leave you to it.