6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:55 pm 

AndrewP wrote:
Not a serious topic but just for my interest.

Has anyone used either the W65C265S or W65C134S? The W65C265S is particularly interesting because it has the 24 address lines de-multiplexed already. The built in UARTs and monitor are also pretty cool.

What is the fastest frequency these ICs have been run at? The official 8MHz is a bit underwhelming.

Kind of curious because the W65C265S seems like it was almost the perfect 65c816 but then missed and added a bunch of features and price I'm not keen on.

I played a bit with a W65C265SBX board and its oscillator. You may take a look at http://forum.6502.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4448&hilit=qbx&start=30#p51693

Cheers
Arne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:08 pm 

GARTHWILSON wrote:
Are you looking at the right boards? They're 1.5"x2.75", taking not much more space than a 68000 with 64 pins on .900" row centers, and being far more complete than the 68000 which is just a processor.

I haven't used one yet, but I'm interested, as the FPGA comes with WDC's programming so I don't have to mess with the HDL.

OK, fair, they're smaller than I thought they were. Still a smidge too big for my application, I fear, and I have looked and I cannot find anywhere in the UK that has them in stock regardless.