6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:00 pm 

I found a couple of places,

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl (I believe it was mentioned on this list)

and I found

http://www.futurebots.com/

They seem to have quite a few parts, though some are more expensive than Mikes Arcade (above).

Anybody have any experience with Futurebots?

Good - bad - OK

Any other recommendations for places to buy 6502 related parts (CPU, VIA or general parts like RAM, EEPROM, TTL and what-not?

Thanks,

AndyD

Last edited by andyd on Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:00 pm 

> Any other recommendations for places to buy 6502-related parts (CPU,
> VIA) or general parts like RAM, EEPROM, TTL and what-not?

For the 65cxx parts, you can go straight to the source, Western Design Center, at www.westerndesigncenter.com or buy them from Mike here on this website. Jameco (at www.jameco.com ) now has some too, although their prices are kind of high. For general parts (logic, memory, sockets, breadboarding materials and tools, etc.), I've used Jameco a lot, as well as Digi-Key (at www.digi-key.com ) and Mouser (at www.mouser.com ). To a lesser extent, Allied Electronics (at www.alliedelec.com ), Newark Electronics (at www.newark.com ), Debco (at www.debcoelectronics.com ), and JDR Microdevices (at www.jdr.com ). The stuff is widely available. Many people don't realize the 65c02 and 65c22 are in production today at WDC and they plan to continue indefinitely.

Mike, since this question keeps coming up, we should have a page on this website with a list of distributors like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:39 am 

In addition to the sites Garth mentioned, http://futurlec.com/ is another place I've ordered stuff from. They have cheap sockets and various other stuff.

I've had good luck sometimes finding some parts I needed on ebay, only for a whole lot each specific part though (requires patience though, heh). BTW, if anyone needs a tube of 74HC139 or 74HC374 DIP ICs, just let me know, I've got many to spare. :)