6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:00 pm 

Apologies if this post is unwelcome, but I wanted to bring to members' attention an unusual 6502 system I have up on eBay: the LJ Electronics Tina.

It came to me from a radio fair, after being in use at an MOD site. Designed and built in the UK, the Tina is as far as I know unique in its design: absolutely everything is broken out, and there's a bank of banana-plug compatible GPIOs at the side which go nicely with the +-12/+-5 volt bench-top power supply built into the top. It has BASIC and a machine-code monitor in ROM, and is pretty unique: I've enquired about the device with the National Museum of Computing and the Centre for Computing History, and neither have seen or heard of one before.

Happily, I've got a second child on the way - but sadly that means that the rather bulky Tina has to go, hence the listing on eBay. If it could go to a loving home, that would make me very happy; I recently sold a heavily upgraded Dragon 64 to someone who decided to break it up for parts, which made me extremely sad.

Again, apologies if this post is unwelcome - just wanted to bring the machine to the attention of an audience of fellow enthusiasts while I still could!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:54 pm 

Looks like a great system, sorry about the Dragon64, had I known about it and allowed to buy it it wouldn't have been broken up for parts. That's just sad.
Would you ship the Tina to Norway if I decided to bid? I have no idea what the shipping would be but it can't possibly be near what DHL charged me for shipping a harp from UK to Norway a while ago.. ouch! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:32 pm 

I could certainly ship to Norway: for the size and weight of the parcel, it would be around £35 insured via Parcel Force Priority International - not that much more than it will cost to post to someone in the UK, really!

Yeah, I was very disappointed about the Dragon: it belonged to a radio ham who died a few years back. He'd owned it from new, and upgraded it considerably: transplanted it to a metal desktop case, built an external keyboard with numeric pad, added twin 3.5" floppy drives, RS232 ports, double the RAM to 64KB and added a Cumana DOS ROM with physical switch on the rear to flip between that and the stock ROM. It was lovely, but as I'm moving from a spacious home office to half the master bedroom there was no way I could keep it!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:55 pm 

Hm, ebay won't let me bid.. if I try I just get a big red warning about not shipping to Norway, and the current bid doesn't get updated. Is that something new from ebay?

-Tor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:17 pm 

Ah, looks like because I didn't specify international postage eBay has taken that to mean that I want international bidders to be blocked - which wasn't my intention. Apparently, if you let me know your eBay ID I can add it to a list of users who can bid despite the block - then you should be able to bid on any of my auctions whether or not international postage has been added.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:31 pm 

I sent the ebay ID via PM.
Hm, the Dragon sounds like a description of the dream Dragon.. I used a borrowed Dragon32 for some time back in the eighties.

-Tor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:35 pm 

Aha - looks like the exemption list method works! If any other international members would like to bid, PM me your eBay ID and I can add an exemption and confirm postage charges for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:50 pm 

ghalfacree wrote:
Apologies if this post is unwelcome, but I wanted to bring to members' attention an unusual 6502 system I have up on eBay: the LJ Electronics Tina.

No problem. It's about getting 6502 equipment into the hands of someone who will appreciate it, thus promoting our common interest. If someone were being a pest by frequently using the forum for free advertising, especially if they included non-6502-related products, that would be a problem. Mike does accept paid 6502-related advertising to put in the blue banner at the top.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:09 pm 

As the auction is long gone and the photo can't be seen, and as I saw one at the weekend, here's a photo:

Attachments:
LJ TINA 6502 trainer.png
LJ TINA 6502 trainer.png [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 3464 times ]