6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:06 pm 

First off, I do not work or in anyway associated with Western Design Center.

I'm a person that needed one 65C02 - they happen to sell them. When I was informed that I would need to spend more money than the cost of the chip, I started a dialog with their sales department and end up communicating my dissatisfaction to Bill Mensch, the President.

Bill and his staff reviewed the policy. Result: WDC has instituted a new policy whereby they have lifted their minimum order amount. This means you can purchase parts as you need them.

After some discussion, I believe I made some good points to Bill Mensch and the sales staff about how they could better support the industry's development efforts by offering parts in small quantities.

I found WDC to be very interested in what I was doing and how I would be using their products. Also, they would very much like to know if there is demand for a chip they do not current offer. Let them know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:13 am 

Excellent. I had purchased a little before this, they were consdeiring selling by tube stock, which is in groups of 10. This will help the small experimenter out mucho.

am happy with my purchase, the chips run far superior on my pinball project than the older chips which ran hot and burned....these babies do it great. Kudos once again for a great product, product support and care for the experimenter!