6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 am 

mkl0815 wrote:
I just clicked together a draft in Diptrace. Maybe somebody can take a look at the schema.

I don't see T2IN on the MAX-232 connected to anything. Also, what's the value you are using for capacitors C3-C6?

Quote:
I've never used a MAX232 and just googled for the basic usage.

You can go to Maxim's website and download the data sheet, which I have attached. BTW, I hope you don't really use Google, unless you like your activities being closely monitored and made available for nefarious purposes.

Attachment:
File comment: MAX-2xx Series Line Drivers
LINEDRIVER_max220_max249.pdf [371.61 KiB]
Downloaded 119 times

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 am 

Quote:
BTW, I hope you don't really use Google, unless you like your activities being closely monitored and made available for nefarious purposes.

Use ixquick.com. It works the same but doesn't have the privacy and political issues. If you think Google has any advantages and you really have to use it, use startpage.com (same organization as ixquick) which will do the Google search under their own name and pass the info on to you and protect your privacy.

Edit, years later: Use duckduckgo.com instead.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 am 

UnaClocker wrote:
Ok, I got the ZIF sockets today. The boards are up for sale on Tindie.

Your letter arrived yesterday. Thanks for the PCB, but unfortunately the pins of my ZIF socket do not fit into the holes of the PCB. I will try mount some female header between the PCB and the socket, maybe that helps. This should also give the room to mount the capacitor.
I've ordered some headers 2 weeks ago, waiting for them to arrive.
Hey, thanks for the resistor-color decode card too :lol:
Mario.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:26 am 

UnaClocker wrote:
Ok, I got the ZIF sockets today. The boards are up for sale on Tindie.

I just checked, and although the price of the board is fair, tindie says "shipping to Norway starts at $52". That seems somewhat excessive :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:04 pm 

ZIF socket... Yes, I had similar problems with my ZIF sockets. The pins are much larger than I expected. I was able to get it into the holes, it just required a lot of force. If I had realized ZIF pins were so much larger, I'd have revised the footprint to have larger holes on the PCB. Sorry about that. But really, try forcing it in, you should be able to. Just make sure you solder the side pins in first. And the Capacitor, I install that under the board, rather than on top. Works just fine underneath, and doesn't get in the way of the ZIF socket.
rwiker: Yeah, I agree shipping prices have gotten a bit out of control. Unfortunately, my postal service wants nearly that much for shipping internationally when it goes over the weight limit of "first class mail". If you want to PM me your address, I can box it up, and take it down to find out what the actual shipping price is, I could be completely wrong about shipping prices. Either way, I can adjust my settings on Tindie to better reflect real shipping prices.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:16 pm 

I noticed that $52 shipping price too.. even FedEx can get down to $30 to Norway so that's pretty expensive. Parallax ships QS boards etc. to me for $6.09 shipping, but I think they have a deal with USPS to continue with the old shipping prices for a while. But I routinely receive parts and boards from other places at $10 shipping, sometimes quite large (but lightweight) boxes. USPS International Priority I think it's called - the cheapest USPS, anyway.
Edit: I tried to figure that out from USPS' price rate calculator and the lowest came out as $23 whichever variant I selected, so I have no idea really. All I know is what I usually get charged.

-Tor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:14 pm 

Ok, looks like I can get away with shipping it first class if I put it into a padded envelope and ship it first class. That gets the shipping cost down under $10! I'll update my store on Tindie, and as long as you order one at a time, the shipping cost will remain sane. :)
mkl081: One more feature request. I can read 27Cxxx chips with this thing, which is great for getting the data off of old chips, I'd love to ability to save that data to a file after reading it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:41 pm 

Great! I just ordered. Hope the address got through correctly.. I don't see the country part of the address on the confirmation page on Tindie. The one to Tor should go to Norway though! :)

-Tor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:46 pm 

Got the order. I noticed the country was blank and alerted the staff at Tindie about the glitch. I'll get this in the mail to you. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:52 pm 

UnaClocker wrote:
Got the order. I noticed the country was blank and alerted the staff at Tindie about the glitch. I'll get this in the mail to you. Thanks.

I just ordered, as well - thanks! No problems in the ordering process.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:52 pm 

Yep I just got the email confirmation where the country was missing as well.. you don't have to include the 'state/region' part (there is a 'region' like that in Norway though, it's just that it isn't used as an address normally). The problem may not be entirely Tindie's fault, Chrome tend to auto-fillout (and some sites requests a 'state' setting even for countries which don't have that), although it's strange that country could be left out and go through. Anyway if you get anything from Paypal the address there should be complete. The Tindie order address is good enough though except for the missing country.. :)

-Tor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:08 pm 

Had to get through a national holiday here in the US yesterday. They got shipped off today. I was going to type up a little sheet to include with them with some details, but spaced that. They're well packaged, as well as they can be in a padded envelope. :) Just remember, Pin 1 is closest to the lever on the ZIF socket. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:05 am 

I'm on the way to implement your feature request. But I don't know if I have the time to finish that his weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:13 am 

No worries. I'm not in a big rush for it. Whenever you've got time. :) thanks.
On a side note, another nice feature might be a status while programming the EPROM. If the java app displayed an indication of progress for each K of data sent to the chip, it'd feel less like it was locked up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:40 pm 

I have updated the JBurn utility to version 1.4, now with a "Save" feature to save the content of a EEPROM that was read before.
Adding some "progress" while burning the eeprom is more difficult, because of the "quickhack" style of the programm. I need to rearrange a lot of code to make the GUI updateable during the burning loop.
The download URL is still the same like before: http://www.ichbinzustaendig.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/MEEPROMMER.jar_.zip
The picture shows my current "working place", a lake near the village where we live. Not only open source, it's open ground development :mrgreen:

Attachments:
OutdoorDevelopment.jpg
OutdoorDevelopment.jpg [ 138.52 KiB | Viewed 1132 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next