6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:18 pm 

Hello... I have an interesting project I would like to do but need some help... I have multiple CPU's/MPU's that I would like to interface into one computer... I have the following CPU's/MPU's:
1.)Z180 MPU (Z8018008VSC)
2.)65c02 CPU
3.)80C31 CPU
4.)80C154 CPU
and
5.)8085 CPU
I have all the datasheets for these processors except for the 8085. I do, however have the pinouts for the 8085. Any thoughts, advice, tips, websites, etc would be greatly apprieciated. BTW... I also have a laptop LCD screen that I would like to use in my computer... any thoughts on this?
Thanks.
Lyos Gemini Norezel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:37 am 

Any one? Is this even possible? If it is has it ever been explored by anyone? I could really use some help on this.
Lyos Gemini Norezel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:09 am 

Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
Any one? Is this even possible? If it is has it ever been explored by anyone? I could really use some help on this.
Lyos Gemini Norezel

Hi,

It is possible to build a multiprocessor computer, but there are many problems that you would encounter trying to share the address and data buses.

The simplest solution for you would really to be effectivly create standalone systems for each processor and have a shared communications systems between each of the processors so they could send data to each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:54 am 

Do you want to be able to use all the cpu's at the same time ? Or do you simply want to be able to plug the selected cpu into the system ? Or do you want the user to be able to select from a list of cpu's to use ?

If you want to be able to swap cpu's around, using only one at a time, then maybe design something like a generic cpu slot as an interface point between the cpu and the system. If you want many cpu's using only one at a time, the same idea works.

If you want to select between cpu's you could try using something like an FPGA that gets reloaded with a cpu core based on user selection. But then you need to find the code for the cores somewhere.

Another alternative would be to run a software emulator on a faster cpu.

Rob