6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:29 pm 

mkl0815 wrote:
The picture shows my current "working place", a lake near the village where we live. Not only open source, it's open ground development :mrgreen:

Looks like a great location for programming but what about getting the "bugs" out? :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 pm 

Very nice, looks like a vacation to me. ;)
That's a shame the status will take so much work to implement. I was thinking something simple like, I hit the Write to EEProm button, it puts "Programming" in the text console, and then after each 1K chunk gets sent to the Arduino buffer, it adds a "*" after the word programming, would that be easy enough to implement? Just a quick call to another function that can write that there? I never did get along with Java programming myself.. :) Thanks for the work on it! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:51 pm 

The problem with showing the progress is, that I put the "write eeprom" code directly into the event-handler function. That means, that the GUI cannot be updated while the function is executed. There is a progress every 1k written to the eeprom for a long time in the tool, but the output is only showing up in the TextArea after the function returns.
As I started with the JBurn tool it was a quick hack for testing, so I never thought about things like this. I will try to create some kind of progress dialog that has an own thread for showing information during the write process.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:46 pm 

Got my board today! :D

-Tor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:06 am 

Wow, that was pretty quick for international shipping. :) You like the capacitor I put on there? Nice and out of the way.. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:49 pm 

Yes, I like the capacitor.. couldn't be more out of the way. I almost had to get out my other glasses to spot it though! :)

-Tor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:33 am 

I'm working on a new version of the java GUI tool. This time with cleaner code base and "tadaa..." a progressbar. Some parts are already working, but there's still a lot of work to do. If there are additional feature requests, then this is the perfect time to tell me that :-)
Mario.

Attachments:
SimpleJBurn2.jpg
SimpleJBurn2.jpg [ 111.97 KiB | Viewed 3081 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:24 pm 

Ok, ready for beta testing. The tool still needs the RXTX library installed separately.
Please report bugs and feature requests.

Mario.

Attachments:
SimpleJBurn2.zip [301.55 KiB]
Downloaded 185 times

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:28 pm 

Excellent. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:24 am 

Ok, finally had a chance to try out the new version (sold another board, went to test it after assembling). I love the new version, but.. The DIFF feature doesn't work. Freaked me out at first. Said there were quite a few bytes mismatched. Then I realized that when I click DIFF, nothing happens on the Arduino. Loaded the old version, loaded the same image file, hit DIFF and the Arduino lit up for a few seconds, then confirmed that the hardware worked, and the new version did in fact write the correct data. :)
Simple fix, I imagine. Thanks for the excellent work on the new app.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:12 am 

OK, I changed the semantics. Sorry for that. In the new version you have to load an rom image and you also have to load the data from an eeprom. after that you can make the diff. In the old version of the software a "diff" has always initiated a load of the eeprom data.
Both versions have their advantages, but I can change it to the old semantics.
Mario.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:41 pm 

Tor wrote:
Got my board today! :D

-Tor

I came home today, and found that my board has arrived, too :-)

Sooooo, now I have to get some EEPROMs, an Arduino board, some components and wire-wrap tools, and build something that needs pre-programmed memory chips... or I could just start with reading out the EPROM in a 64180-based datalogger system I built in 1991 to check whether it still contains its monitor program.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 pm 

Yeah, I've used other EPROM burners in the past, and they worked like the last version did. When you hit DIFF, it compares whatever file you've loaded to what's currently on the EEPROM. It's just a nice way to confirm that I put what I expected to onto the EEPROM before I go and try to run my engine off of it.. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:07 am 

OK, I attached an updated version of the software to this post. This one works like the first version of the JBurn utility and reads the content of an eeprom every time the "diff" button is hit.
I'm currently thinking about changing the JTextArea field of the GUI to a JTextPane. Then it would be possible to use colors and I could provide a visual diff of both images. Would this be an interesting option?
Mario.

Attachments:
SimpleJBurn2.zip [182.26 KiB]
Downloaded 147 times

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 pm 

Thanks you guys for the hard work!

I got a board from UnaClocker a few days ago. My old TOP2049 died, but the best part is I can finally program in Linux!

With a few transistors and a boost supply I've added the ability to program SST27SF512 and W27E512 chips. I happen to have a bunch of these chips already. It should also do 27C512 but I haven't tested that. If I could get the source for the latest JBurn I can post a diff of the changes I've made, along with the Arduino sketch for anyone that is interested. I have it working with the old java program right now.

With the bps at 115200 it takes 12 seconds to program, not bad! Is there a reason it was set to 57600 before?

If there is some interest I could also update the schematic with my changes.

Attachments:
2012-08-27 21.03.56.jpg
2012-08-27 21.03.56.jpg [ 139.13 KiB | Viewed 2953 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next