6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Super Forth 64
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:16 am 

Hello,

I recently re-discovered my own FORTH stuff for Commodore 64. I used to program a little in this beautiful system/language and now I want to pick up where I ended 15 years ago and extend my system a bit further (I did in FORTH a 7-segment display driver, 12-hour screen clock running in interrupt, 24-hour clock running in interrupt on external 7-segment display and some basic text editor - the beauty and efficiency of FORTH language still amazes me today with all that stuff going on in computer science, FORTH is definitely one under-appreciated technology).
I developed my programs on C64 with Super Forth 64. Even though Forth is well covered on the NET and there are many books available (I just purchased 2 classic titles on Amazon), the information/manuals on this specific C64 implementation seems to be hard to get by. It has C64 specific extensions for graphics and sound and these extensions will rather not be covered in the generic Forth standard manuals. If any of you guys have any information on Super Forth 64, I kindly ask for sharing it with me, please. That would save me a lot of time hacking these things myself. Some stuff I managed to figure out, but some is still too hard for me.

Cheers!