6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:07 am 

It does kind of read like a bad day!

It's fine to say that you recommend some other way to learn. And for some people, that will be good advice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:09 am 

Just found this amazing gem while doing a survey on 6502 emulators/simulators. Does anybody know if there is a git repo with the source code?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:34 am 

Welcome! Unfortunately, no, as far as I can tell this is closed source, although it does show the relevant licenses of the various open source components here.

The author writes:
Quote:
Thanks everyone for all your positive comments and feedback, I was not expecting this much attention. Sorry for the problems with browser compatibility, the simulation kernel needs thread support, and this is fairly recent in WebAssembly. I started this last April and spent many evenings tinkering away "on my project". Trying to chase Ben Eaters 6502 series as he released new videos each month or so gave me the motivation to try to catch him up with my digital twin version. I guess I was thinking it'd be cool to allow anyone to follow Ben's project armed only with another browser tab sitting alongside youtube. Many thanks to all the authors of the OSS I've used, especially Dear ImGui, ImGuiColorTextEdit, cc65 & floooh/chips headers. The whole thing is done in C/C++ and I build and debug natively on a Raspberry Pi with Visual Code gcc/g++ before running through Emscripten and uploading to the web. SystemC is the simulation engine, the hardware models include a bit of timing to try to get close to the physical hardware behavior. I wrapped SystemC around the floooh/chips.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:46 am 

Just stumbled upon this now that it was bumped.

I have moved my post to a new topic (here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7460).

Chad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:28 pm 

BigEd wrote:
Welcome! Unfortunately, no, as far as I can tell this is closed source, although it does show the relevant licenses of the various open source components here.

The author writes:
Quote:
Thanks everyone for all your positive comments and feedback, I was not expecting this much attention. Sorry for the problems with browser compatibility, the simulation kernel needs thread support, and this is fairly recent in WebAssembly. I started this last April and spent many evenings tinkering away "on my project". Trying to chase Ben Eaters 6502 series as he released new videos each month or so gave me the motivation to try to catch him up with my digital twin version. I guess I was thinking it'd be cool to allow anyone to follow Ben's project armed only with another browser tab sitting alongside youtube. Many thanks to all the authors of the OSS I've used, especially Dear ImGui, ImGuiColorTextEdit, cc65 & floooh/chips headers. The whole thing is done in C/C++ and I build and debug natively on a Raspberry Pi with Visual Code gcc/g++ before running through Emscripten and uploading to the web. SystemC is the simulation engine, the hardware models include a bit of timing to try to get close to the physical hardware behavior. I wrapped SystemC around the floooh/chips.

Alright, thanks! Maybe I'll try ask the author at some point, but even the third party list already gave me a lot of new ideas :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:10 am 

Excellent for all that wants test small code without burn eeproms and flashs.

Needs some leds :) everthing must have leds.