6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 pm 

So I've started to learn KiCAD, and despite a bit of confusion on my part, I seem to be making some headway.

However, I've had to make my own library of 6502 components. This isn't too bad (there's a great web site at http://kicad.rohrbacher.net/quicklib.php to help).

Still, since I'm a newbie at this, I bet I'm messing some things up. I was hoping that somebody had already developed a good KiCAD libary. If so, would you please share it?

If not, I guess I'll have "another learning experience" as I screw up the component library and then have to re-do it.

TIA!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 pm 

Hello,

I don't know if this request is still valid, but for my own projects I started with a KiCad library for 65xx parts.
I checked out KiCad for the last two days, after working with DipTrace and Eagle for some projects. Both professional programs are good to work with, but the free versions have limitations I don't wanted to take any more.
Eagle limits the board size to 80mm x 100mm (half euro-board) and DipTrace limits the number of pads to 300.

So I started out with KiCad and realized that it's not to hard to work with. Some concepts are different, but after some time it's easy to follow the workflow.

I've created a github repo and put the files under the MIT license.

https://github.com/mkeller0815/65xx_Library

If somebody has already created other 65xx related parts for KiCad, it would be great if those could be merged to my repo.

Greetings from Germany,
Mario.