6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:22 pm 

I have 6 CPLD prototype boards based on RC2014 bus which should also fit RC6502 bus because the signals that are different between RC2014 and RC6502 go to CPLD which can be redefined depending on which bus it is targeting. I layout ProtoRC4 using curved traces just to be different.
Bill

Attachments:
DSC_66270909.jpg
DSC_66270909.jpg [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 765 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:40 pm 

plasmo wrote:
I layout ProtoRC4 using curved traces just to be different.

That's very photogenic. It's too bad you can't bank the curves to give the electrons an even better race track :lol:

Mike B. (about me) (learning how to github)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:45 pm 

barrym95838 wrote:
It's too bad you can't bank the curves to give the electrons an even better race track :lol:

Don't forget the rows of old tires and hay bales on the outsides of the curves. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:10 am 

Curvy traces... remnants of the 60's and 70's. Dynaco used the older brown phenolic material for PCBs... prebuilt for kits even and usually with a wax coating on them. Early IBM PCBs were a lighter beige colored, but something more robust than phenolic, and used your typical parts... 1/2-watt Allen-Bradley carbon comp resistors, tubular film capacitors, germanium transistors, etc. Later stuff in the 70's were light green, as that was G10 epoxy fiberglass. I did several PCB layouts in the 70's using clear acetate and black tapes and targets, at 4X scale, which were made onto G10 boards. Also, all of my Associated R/C cars (1/12 electric and 1/8 fuel powered) used G10 Glass Epoxy for the main chassis. It's nice that things have gotten so much better over the decades... drilling holes in the PCBs after etching was time consuming and you had to pay attention!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:14 pm 

Second revision came today!

The purple wasn't what I was expecting. It's pretty dark but I kinda of like it. The traces are very prominent and the color I thought the main board would be.

Anyway, I've got to order some SMD parts to get this going. There are some issues with the silk screen but I think this is because of JLCPCB. I had set the component references to visible and on silk screen. But the gerber viewer made them invisible instead. So at the last minute I went through and added labels but missed a few. Not sure why it would be left off on the gerber but oh well.

This will probably be the last revision of this board.

BTW, I placed the order on 9/8 and it got here today (9/15). One week. Not a bad turnaround.

Attachments:
Photo Sep 15, 2 06 36 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 15, 2 06 36 PM.jpg [ 5.57 MiB | Viewed 691 times ]