6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:44 pm 

6502a

any places where I can find them..are you guys going to order some with the bulk order?

thanks for your help

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:09 pm 

Asiancrates wrote:
6502a

any places where I can find them..are you guys going to order some with the bulk order?

thanks for your help

Would a 65C02 not suffice? They have more functionality than 6502A processors and might be *much* easier to find. :wink: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:19 am 

I have found my 6502's inside a Commodore 1541 floppy drive and a Commodore VIC-20 (remember them?).

You shouldn't have any problems removing the 6502 from the VIC (finding one on the other hand...)

If you find a 1541 drive, make sure its the old grey ones with the built in power supply, not the 1541-II (external power supply, white) or a later revision of the 1541 (white, internal power supply, drive door much like on an IBM computer). Make sure its the type of drive that to close the drive door you must push the lever down and pull it out slightly. This type is the older type and has the 6502 mounted on a plug, unlike the others where they are directly soldered to the board.

Good luck!!!

You will porbably find the old Commodore hardware lurking around garage sales or swap-meets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:45 am 

And the 1541 board can make a nice SBC too.It has everything on board to begin with : ram (well,2K but to start....),rom,decoding,cpu,6522's,even a serial interface (to connect to the C64),power supply.
You only need to "commit" some programming to come with a small monitor à la Apple or whatever you like, an eprom/eerom/flash burner to cast it in stone , hook it to your terminal of choice (Hyperterminal,VT100,even a TTY) et voilà.
Schematics are easy to find on the Web,the commented 1541 rom disassembly too.
Have fun!
René.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:41 pm 

My brother wanted to be an oboe when he was a kid, but I have to admit, a 6502a would be a lot cooler.

Toshi