6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:55 pm 

Here's our fourth monthly roundup - see also our partial catalogue and our profile page. Comments welcome on this thread!

2015-04-03 A graphical demo called "Control" has been backported from the Amiga to Atari - and we see it running in an 816-upgraded Atari running at 16MHz.

2015-04-10 All about the problems of old capacitors (and old batteries too.)

2015-04-17 Jens Schönfeld is producing re-builds of the C64 main board ("The new board fixes the issue with the VSP-bug, has DC-DC converter technology (meaning that the dreadful wedge PSU can be thrown out), S-VHS conectors and lots more.") - but you still need one or two original chips to populate it. We also link to rebuilds of KIM, Apple I and Superboard III.

2015-04-24 We found two people called Steve Collins with a 6502 connection, and posted as a tale of two Steves. We led with the NASA engineer Steve, but perhaps should have led with the game programmer Steve, who wrote Herobotix and has an interesting web page all about the challenges of graphics on 8 bit platforms.

Last edited by BigEd on Sat May 30, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:11 am 

Here's our fifth monthly roundup - see also our partial catalogue and our profile page. Comments welcome on this thread!

2015-05-01 An obscure multi-user 6502 system: the es65 from Ernst Steiner of Vienna, a 1980 system which assigns a dedicated memory board to each user. Links within to other early systems and other aspects of multitasking on 6502.

2015-05-08 Deepmind applies AI to play Atari games (learning the goals of the game and learning to play it according to those goals.) We have two other examples too, from 2008 and 2013.

2015-05-15 The plug pig, aka "Das Steckschwein" - a project which started as a breadboarded CPU running a NOP-generator and became a grown up multi-PCB computer. As seen before here on this forum. In this post we link to several videos and specific entries from the progress blog - should be helpful for those not German-speaking.

2015-05-22 A transistor level simulation of the Atari 2600, featuring a python simulation engine, from the original visual6502 team. We link to Michael's talk all about the 6502 and to Wladimir's novel visualisation.

2015-05-29 From 1975, the OSI 300 trainer for just $99 is quite the minimal 6502 system - just 128 bytes of RAM, no ROM, with LEDs and toggle switches to load, run, and debug. The circuit has been reverse-engineered, so there is now a clean version of the schematic and a breadboard re-implementation.

Last edited by BigEd on Thu May 06, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:43 pm 

Wow, where's the "Like" button?  I even like the Heathkit power supply.  I almost bought one of those back in the day, but I saved money by making my own.  Multi-user 6502 sytem?  And what a beautiful packaging job!  Imagine all those greedy people who want a multi-processor system all to themselves!  :lol:   (I've thought about being one of them.)  At the company where I worked from 1985-92, I think there was one computer when I started, an Apple II.  Later the sales people were all given dumb terminals hooked into a multi-user computer with an 8088 running business BASIC.  That kept track of inventory and replaced what was similar to the card files that used to be in libraries.