6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 am 

Quote:
Most of those who committed to buy my boards followed through.

Did you have trouble collecting payment from anyone you sent a board to? Or did you simply not send it until you got the payment?

Quote:
Do not over-buy too much. Its better to have folks wait until the next order than to have a large excess sitting around.

Yeah, most needs the forum members would have are not very urgent.

Quote:
I used an international priority mail flat rate envelope which offers some security and speed (usually 7-15 business days to most European countries (Germany, England, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, & Holland are some I recall sending to). The cost was ~$12.95 if done online with usps.com (account signup required). At the counter, it was ~$14.95 Those costs are a year old, postal rates may be a little higher now.

I just sent a board to someone in Australia by USPS Priority, it cost $9, and it cost got there in 3 days. Not bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:47 am 

I collected payment then sent the packages - similar to EBay.

Overall, working with everyone was very easy. I would gladly offer another board or mini-kit again when and if I build more.

This is a great community to work with!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:01 pm 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
aikatt wrote:
You obviously didn't read the dozen emails i had with Bill Mensch at WDC over the course of a couple months, if you are saying i am not an easy customer.

I'd be interested to see what was in those E-mail exchanges. I've exchanged a few messages with Bill Mensch concerning some 65C816 technical matters and in every case, he gave me a prompt and courteous reply.

Yes, i agree, he is quite pleasant and easy to talk with. I had no problems whatever with him at any time. He is very inquisitive, too.

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
aikatt wrote:
My steel wholesaler also sold me bits and pieces, then i placed a $12k order and several $8k orders. They are happy.

Not sure what a steel distributor has to do with microprocessors. Last I checked, silicon is the primary ingredient in MPUs and iron in steel.

Forgive me, when you guys went on over the problem of ordering "oneses and twosies", over and over and over, i was merely trying to say, when i said i made large purchases of things, that i also make LARGE purchases of things, not only small purchases.

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
aikatt wrote:
My other chip suppliers are happy.

Then go with them and quit complaining here. As I said above, I've found my dealings with WDC to be pleasant. Perhaps it was because I didn't act like the south end of a north-bound horse when I contacted them.

I am so glad you think don't ask like an ass when contacting suppliers, they probably appreciate that. However, just as you folks don't believe me whan i say i don't, i have decided to not believe you when you say you don't. Seems the relationship here is now cast in stone, and we can bicker at each other spitefully from now on.

I want to use the higher speed 6502 and related parts, i have a code base, and hands-on experience with the 6502 from Apple, thru Vic20, C64, and several 19 inch rack widths of cards plugged into the C64 in an industrial environment ~1983, as well as some standalone commercial applications. Not going to bore you with details you don't want to hear about, will nitpick over, and which someone will proclaim are off topic.

I fired off another email to WDC last nite, pointing out you guys were telling me you could buy from them, and asking plainly and forthrightly for an explaination why i could not. David Gray replied, located the email logs of last year, and forwarded copies of emails sent to me in January 2010. There's a few mistakes, in name, in addresses, possibly due to some "computer upgrade" or whatever. While Bill Mensch and i emailed back and forth (so i obviously has supplied the correct email address at the time), the sales dept apparently was out of the loop, i don't know what happened, but i didn't recieve their "quote" (a quote, when the price is on the webpage?), or pdf credit card "application" (Adobe won't open the copy Mr Gray sent this morning anyhow, so i do not know what is in it). I thanked him and asked for a https url or phone number to place the cc# order thru.

And i think this is the last time i will defend myself against your d**med insinuations that i always act the "south end of a north-bound horse". I don't always mind coming down to your level, but it is draining, and isn't always worth it.

aikatt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:25 pm 

Here is a link the their credit card application:

http://www.westerndesigncenter.com/wdc/ ... 0Card1.pdf

It's located on the Order Form page of their website under the Payment Options paragraph.

Hope that helps.

Daryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:43 pm 

[quote="8BIT"]Here is a link the their credit card application:

It's located on the Order Form page of their website under the Payment Options paragraph.

Hope that helps.

Daryl[/quote]

------------------------------------

Darn it. I was hoping that they were offering their own credit card with a 6502 die in the corner. Now that would be cool.

Don't leave home without it.

John Eaton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 pm 

8BIT wrote:
Here is a link the their credit card application:

Hope that helps.

Daryl

Thanks, Daryl, but is that not still a form of clear type (actually, a photo) sent over the internet, which can be cached along the way anywhere and played back by someone else at any time? Besides, i have no fax. I wonder why they don't take paypal. Heck, i'd rather snailmail them a check than send a cc# in the clear online.

aikatt

Post subject: High-Speed Snail Mail
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:06 am 

GARTHWILSON wrote:
I just sent a board to someone in Australia by USPS Priority, it cost $9, and it cost got there in 3 days. Not bad.

Says a lot about the quality of Australia's postal system. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:03 pm 

ricard60 wrote:

"I could not find out wich type of 65C02 i have in that board, the top ID label of the 65c02 chip had been erased but i know for sure it is a 65C02.
Does anybody knows where i can find the old datasheet of the 40 pin 65C02? or if the 65C02 is 100% pin compatible with the WDC65C02S 40 pin package?"

If i leave pin 1 of the WDC65C02S grounded, can it work?

Post subject: W65C02S
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:09 pm 

ricard60 wrote:
If i leave pin 1 of the WDC65C02S grounded, can it work?

Pin 1 is the vector pull (VPB) signal on the W65C02S. From the 'C02 data sheet:

3.15 Vector Pull (VPB)
The Vector Pull (VPB) output indicates that a vector location is being addressed during an interrupt sequence. VPB is low during the last interrupt sequence cycles, during which time the processor reads the interrupt vector. The VPB signal may be used to select and prioritize interrupts from several sources by modifying the vector addresses.

It would be wise to leave this pin as a "no connect" if you don't plan to use it. WDC doesn't describe what effect grounding it may have. As it is an active low, you definitely don't want to connect it to Vcc, as the MPU will be trying to sink Vcc each time an interrupt occurs.

Also, watch out for pin 35, which is a "no connect." Again quoting the data sheet:

3.7 No Connect (NC)
The No Connect (NC) pins are not connected internally and should not be connected externally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:26 pm 

ricard60 wrote:
Does anybody knows where i can find the old datasheet of the 40 pin 65C02? or if the 65C02 is 100% pin compatible with the WDC65C02S 40 pin package?

I have doc for the Rockwell 65C02 which I can send next week if you PM me. But I checked their pinout and it's identical to that of the NMOS 6502. (The WDC version deviates from this.)

-- Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:18 pm 

Thanks Dr Jefyll,

I think i got it i will use one of theese new WDC processor, but i am still waiting for a quote from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:34 pm 

Quote:
i will use one of theese new WDC processor, but i am still waiting for a quote from them.

The prices are on their website. The '02 is $7.86/ea in either DIP or PLCC. WDC does not respond to emails very well. Just call them up with credit card in hand and be ready to order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:24 pm 

ricard60 wrote:
Thanks Dr Jefyll,

I think i got it i will use one of theese new WDC processor, but i am still waiting for a quote from them.

You might find the PLCC44 package easier to lay out. That's what I used and it cut down the board real estate by a good 30 percent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:06 am 

The socket that is on the printed circuit board is for a 40 pin DIP.
I received an e-mail from the WDC support and they told me that they will redirect me to somebody from sales departament. I will wait until tuesday if not i will phone them with my credit card in hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 am 

Since i am a hobbiest and this is a project i only need one or maybe 2 processors and the W65C02S6PG-14 cost $ 7.86 and WDC charges for international shipping $50. Does anybody knows some major electronic component store that can sell this processor and the shipping coud be maybe $10 or $15. I live in Venezuela south america.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next