6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:37 am 

In case anyone is looking around for through hole 74AHC devices and cannot find them, do not filter by through hole on mouser, the devices exist and are sold there, but they are marked incorrectly as SMD/SMT devices. We can use this thread as a place to list off any other discrepancies that might trip people up when looking for devices.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:02 am 

Something seems to be happening to Mouser. I recently got a setback in my work because I put "1M 1% 0402 resistor" in the search term, and got 1.18M, and I just copy-and-pasted the stock number of a part that had a good price and inventory, and these got shipped to the assembler and mounted. It took a while first to figure out why my circuit was working fine except that the lithium battery charging kept going to too high a voltage instead of stopping at the right voltage, and then I had to send the boards back and get them reworked. I should have examined the exact stock number rather than just copy-and-pasting it into the BOM (bill of materials).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:07 am 

GARTHWILSON wrote:
Something seems to be happening to Mouser. I recently got a setback in my work because I put "1M 1% 0402 resistor" in the search term, and got 1.18M, and I just copy-and-pasted the stock number of a part that had a good price and inventory, and these got shipped to the assembler and mounted. It took a while first to figure out why my circuit was working fine except that the lithium battery charging kept going to too high a voltage instead of stopping at the right voltage, and then I had to send the boards back and get them reworked. I should have examined the exact stock number rather than just copy-and-pasting it into the BOM (bill of materials).

I've noticed this too, I've been routinely going through and researching the exact same stuff that I've searched before, because I can get slightly different results each time. I also had the site just give up on me when I was trying to filter crystals recently.

Still though, their products are *usually* fairly well listed as far as specs go, so I was surprised to see all these AHC devices marked incorrectly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:32 pm 

Probably has something to do with the new filtering system they have installed.

I prefer the older one myself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:42 pm 

I have found this problem also. I start on their home page and start with their products list, then start filtering from there, and it works fine. It doesn't work any other way.