6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 65xx parts sources
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:53 pm 

phvic wrote:
Shipping from UK is usually very reasonable. Do you happen to remember the name of the store?

Again, refer to the head post. I will keep updating it as new info becomes available. It does refer to UK sources already.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:12 pm 

GARTHWILSON wrote:
phvic wrote:
Shipping from UK is usually very reasonable. Do you happen to remember the name of the store?

Again, refer to the head post. I will keep updating it as new info becomes available. It does refer to UK sources already.

I think you are referring to GSI? Unfortunately they don't have shipping options to non-UK addresses. There also seems to be Coltek, they don't seem to have a webstore but I can try emailing them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:22 pm 

phvic wrote:
GARTHWILSON wrote:
phvic wrote:

I think you are referring to GSI? Unfortunately they don't have shipping options to non-UK addresses. There also seems to be Coltek, they don't seem to have a webstore but I can try emailing them.

From the head post:
Quote:
July 23, 2013 update: According to this post, UK buyers can use Coltek and Mouser to avoid high shipping charges.
Also: UK resident BitWise (Andrew) here on the forum keeps a small stock of most WDC parts, to make it easier for UK and possibly other European buyers to get them without paying large shipping fees. Contact him by private message here to buy. [Edit, 4/5/14: He posted an inventory at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2923.]
Oct 8, 2013: Jameco reportedly has reasonable shipping charges to non-USA destinations; but Mar 10, 2014: Jameco apparently no longer carries the '816.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:58 am 

I've bought W65C02 chips from Jameco in the past, for reasonable shipping. But things have changed there. Now the only non-FedEx and non-UPS option seems to be "USPS International Express Mail", they don't offer USPS first class international anymore, which was a cheap and efficient option. Worse, they don't even let you know the shipping price anymore.. they state "Jameco will determine shipping weight and assess charges when the package ships". If I try to figure out via USPS what that will cost it seems to be in excess of $40, which is meaningless for goods costing less than $7 a piece. The last time I tried to order from there (and cancelled) the cost *was* shown, and was indeed excessive. Now the trick may be to get you to order, and then your credit card will be charged much more than you think.. later.

However, the OP is in Finland IIRC? ELFA (can be reached as elfa.se or directly as https://www.elfaelektroniikka.fi/) sells the W65C02, DIP version, for around $16 - $17. Shipping from there may be excessive too, but they should at least be local.. or nearly so. For myself I'm in the situtation that it's possible to add my private orders to what my company buys and save on shipping, as we buy from there regularly.
(Finland also has a shop I've heard good things about - PartCo - but unfortunately they don't carry the 65C02).

-Tor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:34 am 

Problem solved! Coltek UK ships to Finland. They don't have a webstore but I contacted them via email. Two chips + shipping for 12 euros, not bad. Thanks to all for help!

Partco is actually my favorite local electronics store. I even got some goodies for free the last time I was there because I had to wait for ten minutes while they were searching for some ancient parts for my project from the back room. There are actually three good electronics stores here nearby, so I feel I'm pretty lucky :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:38 pm 

They're very good

Open Source Projects - https://github.com/andrew-jacobs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:39 am 

phvic wrote:
Problem solved! Coltek UK ships to Finland. They don't have a webstore but I contacted them via email. Two chips + shipping for 12 euros, not bad. Thanks to all for help!

That's sounds like a pretty good deal and you won't be waiting forever to get your parts.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:38 pm 

I got my parts very cheaply from a Chinsese seller, Funkward Technology.

I paid a total of £13.04 including shipping to the UK, and got these parts:

2x R65C22P4
1x 68B50P
1x R65C02P2 Edit: they actually sent me the 4MHz variant!
1x TC551001
1x W27C010
2x 74HC00

It could have been even cheaper, but I ordered it in two separate stages so I paid postage twice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:51 pm 

In another thread we were discussing how non-WDC 65c02's have certain subtle advantages such as the ability to accept TTL input levels. But the focus here in the 65xx parts sources thread has been heavily on the WDC product (the only brand presently still in production).

Who are the vendors of non-WDC CPUs nowadays? I ask anyone who knows of any sources to speak up, please. I PM'd Garth, and he's willing to add the sources to the list in the lead post. I've heard non-WDC chips are available on EBay. Where else?

GARTHWILSON wrote:
Certainly we can add non-WDC NOS parts though. It might just take more-frequent updating as one supplier runs out and another one finds a cache somewhere.

Jameco presently offers used ("pull") 65c02's, rated at 1 MHz., so that's a start.

-- Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:07 pm 

Dr Jefyll wrote:
Jameco presently offers used ("pull") 65c02's, rated at 1 MHz., so that's a start.

I was told by a Jameco sales rep some years ago (1990s) that just about all of the 65C02 pulls were Rockwell devices that were removed from obsolete modems that were going to be scrapped. Dunno if that is still the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:49 pm 

I have a Replica 1Ten and a MicroKim from BrielComputers, and both of them have a Rockwell R6502P (not 65C02!) with a date code of 0323. I wonder how long Rockwell produced them if they were still doing so in 2003...

===Jac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:24 am 

You can still get pulled R65C02 and G65SC816 from ebay and aliexpress. Although limited to 4MHz they both feature TTL compatible inputs (except for ABORT, NMI and PHI2 on the G65SC816). I used the G65SC816 in two of my old (>20 years ago) projects with LSTTL logic and they run without any problem. The prices are very reasonable, e.g. a set of 5xG65SC816 currently sells for less than half the price I payed for a single item in 1990. the G65SC816 is functionally identical to a W65SC816.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:11 pm 

Mouser seem to have recently reduced their minimum order requirement for free delivery. For the UK their web site is currently showing free 2-3 shipping on orders over UKP 33. I believe it used to be UKP 50 or so. The export licence requirement has also been lifted a while back, making it a easier to get new WDC parts over here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:07 pm 

I'm looking for a 65c802 pull. I regret to announce that the one I purchased new about 24 years ago from Jameco has disappeared.

Mike B.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:22 pm 

Hello,

I'm in search of Rockwell parts rated to 4 MHz (65CxxP4). I live in France and the supplier I'm about to turn to is UTSource -I didn't find much other sources which ship to my country.
I'd like to know if some other Frenchman here has already ordered parts from UTSource ? From what I read, they're reliable... but any advice would be welcome.
Thank you very much !

Marc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next